Does the Period in a Woman's Cycle Have to Be Constant Inorder to Have a Better Effect in a Laser Hair Removal?

Laser Hair Removal and Menstrual Cycle

+1

Thank you for your question. This should not have a profound effect on hair removal.  There may be some variation with polycystic ovarian syndrome, but very slight if any.  Treat the hair until it is gone or not responding.  I like the 1064 and 755 wavelengths. Make certain you are being supervised by a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon during your series for best results and safe treatments. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Menstrual Irregularities and Hair Growth

+1

There is no direct relationship between menstrual irregularity and hair growth. However, hormonal imbalance in certain conditions can cause 'Hirsuitism' i.e., increased hair growth. The typical condition in women causing this problem is called, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. It can also be seen in Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia or any other condition causing increased levels of the hormone testosterone. 

If you have issues with the menstrual cycle you should see an endocrinologist and get your hormone levels checked. 

While you are looking into any hormonal issues, you can proceed with the laser hair removal. 

Regards

Dr. J

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Menstrual cycle has no effect on laser hair removal

+1

The laser is only effective when the hair follicle is in its active growth phase (which is not related to your menstrual cycle). Repeat sessions are necessary to treat those follicles when they re-enter the growth phase. Optimal long-term benefits depend on the area you wish to have treated, the hair density, and your hair’s growth cycle.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/laser-hair-removal/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon