With the Palomar StarLux 1540, What Level Should Be Used for the Best Results? (photo)

I am thinking of investing in the purchase of a package of the 1540 laser treatments, but weary of how many treatments I'll need to get the most for my money. and I am curious to know what level should the machine be turned up to, so that I am receiving the absolute MOST for my $$$? I am afraid that I'll get an Aesthetician that will use a lower power in order to have me come back a million times.

Belotero not Palomar 1540 for early smile lines

+1

While 1540 may be useful for texture and firming, a filler is best suited for correcting these early lines.  Belotero is an ideal filler for the fine superficial creases shown in your pictures because it can be placed higher in the skin with negligible risk of bumpiness or blue discoloration. 

Englewood Dermatologist

Lasers for Smile Lines?

+1

Hi Gems.  Sorry to stray from your question, but we would not use a laser for mild smile lines, we would use a dermal filler.  While lasers can help improve tone and texture of the skin, smile lines are caused by deep tissue collagen or fatty layer loss and gravity.  Lasers will not help with this and we would have you consider Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse or another dermal filler.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD