Can the Overinflated Grafted Fat Under my Eyes Be Surgically Removed?

I had fat grafting done to my entire midface/under eyes over 2 yrs ago. Too much fat was put in and now I have what appears to be a shelf under my eyes. An occuplastic surgeon told me It cannot be surgically removed because it is in many different layers and trying to cut it out would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Is there a doctor out there who would be able to help me? Am I really out of luck in removing this fat? Thank you.

Fat grafting to lower lids

+1

You definitely need someone who specialized in eyelid surgery, either an ophthalmologic oculoplastic surgeon, or a plastic surgeon who primarily performs eyelid procedures. The fat can be excised and you will probably need a lid tightening procedure in conjunction with that.

Fat transfer overfill

+1

Dear Erica334,

1. There are several ways to reduce the amount of fat from an overfill
  2. Depending on what it looks like, you can treat it with steroid injections (usually my first choice) followed by liposuction with a small cannula (hollow tube)
  3. You should visit a fat transfer expert who has experience in dealing with these issues, there are only 2 layers that fat can be injected around the eyes

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD