What Are the Best Options for Skin Tightening over Thighs After Liposuction?

Hi, im 30 years old lady. Had liposuction done 3 years ago. I think almost 6L of fat was removed. Now, am having loose skin over the treated area. I want to tightened the skin. Can u provide me suggestions?? Im so disappointed with the post liposuction results.

Excess Skin After Liposuction

+1

Dear Avery9, Sorry to hear that you have disappointing results from your liposuction. The non-invasive skin tightening procedures that are advertised are mostly "smoke and mirrors" without any science to support  skin shrinkage.They are not in your best interest. You should protect your skin by avoiding sun and tanning beds.  Your best result may be with a thigh lift.  Get a consultation with an experienced sugeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Good luck! 

Lax thighs following massive liposuction

+1

Did you actually have 6 liters of fat removed from your thighs alone? If so, then there is a good reason for the skin laxity and some type of tightening procedure may be indicated. Without photos, it is impossible to more precisely give you recommendations. You should see one or more plastic surgeons in your area who can assess you and then provide you with a more specific course of action.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Loose skin afetr liposuctioning

+1

The only and best way to tighten up that skin is to remove it through a thigh lift. Anything short of that will not work and you will have spent money and not be satisfied.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical skin tightening

+1

Unfortunately, none of the currently available technologies make enough of a difference to justify the expense. Ultrasound, radio-frequency or laser devices in some cases make a very modest, usually short term, improvement. If you get opinions from doctors touting a particular device ask to see before and after pictures from actual patients the doctor has treated not pictures provided by the device company. Ask to talk to actual patients with similar concerns as you. Buyer beware! Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Thigh skin tightening

+1

A face-to-face examination is necessary to render an opinion. If you had 6L of fat removed from the thighs alone, one can imagine that the skin might be loose. However, it also depends on the total surface area, how the fat was removed, and the quality of your skin. Some external devices using ultrasound, radio frequency, or laser energy claim to tighten skin, but they are general mild and unpredictable in effect.

Your disappointment, while perhaps justified, might be an issue of the application of liposuction, not the technique itself.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Skin tightening options after liposuction of thighs

+1

The best way to tighten thigh skin is to remove it through a thigh lift -- either medially or vertically depending on where the excess skin is. However, this question is very difficult to answer without photographs. You should consult a board certified plastic surgeon for other options. Good luck!

Donna Rich, MD

Overly aggressive liposuction

+1

You do not say if the 6 liters came just from the thighs, how the liposuction was done, etc. There are also no photos of before and after so it is impossible to give you any specific suggestions. I suspect that your liposuction was overdone and in the thigh area this frequently creates a sagging skin elderly thigh appearance. Making large incisions to try and pull up this sagging skin can make things even worse. Putting some of the fat back by harvesting it from elsewhere on the body may not be possible.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD