What Are the Best Options for Evening out my Eyebrows? (photo)

As you can see, one eyebrow droops lower than the other one, particularly the part closest to my nose.

Botox or Surgery

+1

I read both of your posts.  The transbleph brow lift is an option that I use frequently but this lift cannot give you very much lift.  The problem with the direct browlift is that it leaves a scar, and you do not have prominent wrinkles.  The scar could be placed right above your medial brow and would only need to be 1.5 cm or so.  You could remove skin and fix the brow to the periosteum at the same time.  Botox should be used first to determine if you will like the medial browlift.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials to perform this for you

Asymmetry

+1

The two sides of the face are never perfectly symmetric. You do not appear to have ptosis on the photos but an exam is a better way of determining this. A direct unilateral lift may be an option if there are no other mechanical issues

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

One sided short scar brow lift will correct asymmetry.

+1

Hi.

I think your slight asymmetry makes you look more interesting.  Not sure I would correct it.  But it can be done.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Brow asymmetry

+1

Your brow asymmetry is miner but present. There are many causes for this. You also have mild ptosis of the eyelids that may caus you to compensate by raising one brow. You need a more detailed exam. At that time botox may help or surgery depending on the exam.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric Eyebrows

+1

Sometimes uneven brow position can be caused by asymmetries in our facial bones. No one has a perfectly symmetric face. In some cases one side of the face may be somewhat shorter than the other. This may be apparent with uneven positioning of the eyes, eyebrows, ears, and jawline. With regard to your condition, it's best to be evaluated by your local plastic surgeon to determine the best course of treatment, be it an endoscopic browlift, chemical denervation of the forehead muscles (botox), or fillers.

Thank you for your question and photos. Best of Luck!

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

Gregory Park, MD

Mild ptosis

+1

I tend to agree with Dr. Weber: You have mild left upper eyelid ptosis [droop]. This maybe  causing you to generate a subconscious drive to raise your left eyebrow laterally and create a bit of more asymmetry with your eyebrow. If the eyelid ptosis was addressed, your eyebrow asymmetry may be minimal [and possibly addressed with botox if still bothersome]

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Uneven eyebrows

+1

Botox should do great for you. You will only need 2.5 units and one stick.  It is, of course, temporary but I think you will be quite satisfied. I treat a TV news anchor for the same problem and I can see when  she needs a touch-up!  My opinion is to stick a board certified Plastic Surgeon.

Andrew Stewart, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Brow difference

+1

The most precise and permanent surgical approach would be a direct brow lift of the medial aspect of your left eyebrow. However, this may result in a detectable scar which could be treated with hair transplants. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric brows

+1

Both nonsurgical (ie Botox) and surgical (brow lift) procedures may be useful.  See an oculoplastic or facial plastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

What Are the Best Options for Evening out my Eyebrows?

+1

The medial (nasal) part of your left eyebrow does appear lower than the right. This can be improved (temporarily) with careful Botox treatment. You also appear to have left upper eyelid ptosis or drooping of the eyelid. The change that this causes in your eyelid crease also accentuates the asymmetry in your brow. If the ptosis has not been previously evaluated, you should have an ophthalmologist take a look at your eyelid. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon