How Much Do I Need To Lose Before I Have A Tummy Tuck and Breast Lift?

I'm 32 yrs old i weigh 294... I want a tummy tuck & breast lift how much weight do i have to lose in order to have this surgery done? my height is 5'9 breast are 42DD my weight is 294lbs...

Weight Loss Before Breast and Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+2

Although there is no specific/absolute weight that you must achieve prior to undergoing the planned procedures, you are wise in trying to achieve a long-term stable weight prior to undergoing the operations. Doing so will help minimize the risks of the planned procedures as well as decrease the chances that further surgery will be necessary subsequently (for example if you were to lose weight after the surgical procedures). Sometimes consultation with an internist, personal trainer and/or nutritionist may prove helpful to patients in your situation.

Is there an ideal weight to achieve before a tummy tuck surgery?

+1

Dear Dbeck32,

The ideal weight to be achieved before a tummy tuck surgery is the one closest to the candidate's ideal BMI and maintaining it.

By doing so, the patient will have less risks during the surgery and less possible surgeries in the future.

Establishing a stable weight before the surgery and maintaining it afterwards will help the patient to achieve commendable results.

Best of wished to you.
Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS