What is the Best Option for Me? Vaser Lipo, Abdominoplasty or Something Else? (photo)

I am a 21 years old male. I used to be a bit overweight as a child/teenager. I have been following a health diet with an exercise program for over 3 years now and changed my body composition greatly. My BMI is around 23 and my fat percentage is around 11 (measured by calipers). I have some localised fat around my abdomen area, especially mid parts, which doesn't really respond to anything I've tried. What is the best option for me? Thanks.

Best option - Vaser Lipo

+2

Vaser Lipo is my recommendation from what I see in these photographs and regular lipo would also be an option for you. The body can retain some larger pockets of fat even though the overall fat percentage is low. Vaser Lipo will remove this fat from your abdomen as long as it is superficial fat and not visceral (fat around your internal organs). It has been shown that use of the Vaser Lipo decreases the amount of blood loss and appears to lessen bruising and swelling.

Westchester Plastic Surgeon

What is Best Option for Me? Vaser Lipo, Abdominoplasty or Something Else?

+2

I really don't think you need a tummy tuck and if you were in my office I would suggest Lipo. For the tummy I am a big fan of the SlimLipo since tummy's have a habit of getting wavy. Hips usually don't in my experience but tummy's...yes. So I would suggest SlimLipo of the abdomen and Lipo of the hips...That is what I do on most guys and it works really well!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction vs abdominoplasty

+2

Dear Alex,

While you do have some loose skin after your weight loss (congrats) I would not recommend an abdominoplasty for you. I have had great results combining VASER (ultrasonic) and laser (SmartLipo) in patients like yourself. Men in general have more fibrous tissue which ultrasonic liposuction works best for. Laser liposuction will then held with skin tightening and of course sculpting the area. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS