What Would Be the Best Option for the Loose Skin Around my Navel? (photo)

I am 33yrs old and have two children. During my second pregnancy my skin stretched alot and now I have lots of loose skin around my navel. I exercise frequently and have strong abdominal muscles, however the skin appears very wrinkly.

Extra skin around the belly button? Tummy tuck is the answer.

+1

You are an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck.  A full one, not a mini.  This way your muscles can be repaired and the extra skin can be removed giving you a flat tummy with tight skin.  Your belly button will look much better.  Experienced surgeons know that the tummy tuck incision needs to be kept low, so it can be concealed in your panty or bikini line.  I've attached a link so you can check out some examples.  Be sure to insist on seeing plenty of before and after photos before deciding on a plastic surgeon.

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Only a full tummy tuck will solve this problem of loose skin.

+1

You have two choices. Number one-live with what you have. Number two-a full abdominoplasty. Nothing in between will work.

What Would Be the Best Option for the Loose Skin Around my Navel?

+1

From the tone of your question I believe you are NOT in favor of a skin only TT. Therefore the options, if any, are very limited to offer an acceptable correction for excess supra umbilical skin. 

Loose skin around the navel

+1

You seem to be in very good shape, however have loose skin in the lower abdominal region after childbirth. You would need to be examined in person, however, you may be a good candidate for either a mini or lateral tension abdominoplasty. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon with expertise in this area.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

A tummy tuck

+1

Most likely you will need a full tummy tuck. It looks like you have excess skin and can use a tightening.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

+1

Thank you for your question and photo.  It seems like you can benefit from some form of TT.  However, without examining you it is difficult to make an appropriate recommendation.  Please make sure you are under the care of an experienced plastic surgeon, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, who can guide you in the right direction.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Options for Loose Skin Around the Navel?

+1

There are a variety of tummy tucks that can produce a good cosmetic result in the appropriate patient: a mini tummy tuck, a modified with an umbilical float,  or a variety of a full abdominoplasty, all of which may, or may not, include tightening of the muscle and liposuction. Generally if there is significant loose skin above the umbilicus (belly button), a full tummy tuck will result in a greater correction and better outcome. Very limited procedures that just involve removing skin around the umbilicus (belly button) are usually unsuccessful in achieving a good cosmetic result in patients with your extent of skin looseness. 

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this  or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)  that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

+1

I think that a short scar tummy tuck will minimize the scar burden but maximize skin removal and improve the look of the belly button and tummy.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and short scar tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Abdominoplasty to correct the laxity above the umbilicus

+1

The only way to correct this deformity is with an abdominoplasty.  The skin of the upper abdomen is being tethered by the umbilicus.  

Option for the loose skin of my abdomen

+1

Thank you for the question. I feel that the best option for you would be a full tummy tuck. It is hard to tell without an examination but it appears that you have some "bulging" of your lower abdomen from the pregnancies. Although you muscle may be strong, the fascia over the muscles appears somewhat stretched out in addition to the skin. That is what a tummy tuck will correct. Good luck.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon