What is the Best Option for a Small Double Chin? (photo)

I have had several consultations now and the advice has ranged from do nothing to micro lipo or vaser to a chin implant. Chin fillers have also been suggested. I'd be interested to know the views if doctor's on here as to what they would recommend based on my photos. I realise it's nothing major but it still bothers me, especially from the side. I also have some concerns about my nose but have been told that improving my jawline and chin area should help the sharpness of my nose. Is that correct?

Chin Liposuction; a great procedure

+2

Chin Liposuction with the Vaser Ultrasonic System is one of the great procedures in plastic surgery.  It is, in fact, great even with simple tumescent liposuction.  It can be done in one hour under local or general and in 3 days you are fine and back to school or work.  You may have a small bruise,  but that can easily be blamed on the dental care you just received. A good excuse many use.  The small bruise can easily be covered and if lower on your neck, wear a turtle neck.  I get really excited about this procedure and could go on and on.  To answer your question, I offer the following.   YOU ARE A PERFECT CANDIDATE for chin liposuction and certainly the Vaser approach is one I personally love.   I cannot imagine fillers????  In addition,  don't complicate the procedure by adding a chin implant you do not need.  Great care must be taken regarding women and chin implants.  Even a small implant can sometimes masculinize  feminine features.  NOT GREAT!   So run to the surgeon who suggested Vaser liposuction.  He is correct.   Or you may get a few more opinions.  This procedure is great because it is simple, does not cost much, has a quick recovery, has basically near zero complications,  has a quick recovery, and it works perfect time after time.  See a few surgeons.  Chin liposuction is surgery,  so be sure to pick a real surgeon for your procedure.  Real surgeons have FACS after their name.  Also check to see if your doctor is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, a real must.  Again from all the info I have seen you are an A+ candidate for Vaser Ultrasonic Assisted Liposuction of your neck, chin,  and jowl area.  A+.  My Best,  Dr C

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Chin liposuction could work well for you

+2

Based on your photos what you have is a little excess fatty tissue under your chin.  Chin liposuction could give you what you are looking for.  It can be done with local anesthesia with minimal down time.  I frequently perform this procedure.  Please feel free to review some before and after chin liposuction photos on my website and ask more questions. 

Dev Wali, MD
Claremont Plastic Surgeon

What is the Best Option for a Small Double Chin?

+2

Your photos do appear to show a weak chin and double chin. You also appear to be young which bodes well for less invasive procedures. Liposuction in someone of your young age typically leads to very nice contouring of the jaw and neckline as well as tightening of the skin. A chin implant can further enhance the neckline and profile improvements. Fillers can also be used but they will only last up to about 12 months and will need to be repeated whereas an implant is permanent. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Contour your jawline

+1

Thank you for posting a picture of the area. It looks like you may be a candidate for submental Smartlipo; this will help to better contour your jawline.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Treatment of the small double chin

+1

The small double chin usually results from extra fat. A nice treatment option for this is Smartlipo. Smartlipo is laser assisted lipolysis. In this surgery the extra fat which is creating the double chin is treated with the laser. This basically melts the fat. I often use a small cannula for liposuction to remove the treated fat after using the laser. There is a short period of healing however most patients have minimal bruising. The nice thing about this technique is that it is done in the office under local anesthesia. It is not necessary to go to the operating room to have this done. The other great thing is that the results are permanent. Once the fat is treated and removed it is forever gone. For young patients with a small amount of isolated fat this is my preferred treatment option.

Jason E. Leedy, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Laser assisted liposuction SlimLipo

+1

I think you're an excellent candidate based on your photos for chin liposuction. pick a good surgeon who has used their particular tool or technique for quite some time. My preferred tool and technology is laser assisted liposuction in the form of SlimLipo. Your young with good skin and tissue making you a great candidate. I also agree with some observations during her consultations that you would benefit from a chin augmentation. You can do that either with filler or implant.

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate for liposuction of the neck

+1

The key to liposuction is the quality of the skin and not the amount of fat removed.  If the skin of the neck is tight it will recoil and redrape after liposuction. If the skin is lax then you will just get saggy skin.  You would seem to be a good candidate for liposuction of the neck and submental area. 

Microliposuction under chin works great.

+1

Hi.

I think microliposuction alone will give you a lot of improvement.  (A small chin implant may give you further improvement.)   And this is a 30 minute procedure under local anesthesia.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Chin and Nose are related cosmeticly

+1

The neck, chin and nose are cosmetically related. As an example, a small chin can make a normal sized nose look too large. 

The small bulge under your chin can be easily treated with liposuction using a very small cannula. I do not think you need the muscles tightened under you chin.

Your photos do not show your nose properly but since your chin is small a chin implant put in at the same time os the liposuction will make your nose look more proportional.

Dr. Bruce White

Bruce I. White, MD (retired)
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Microsculpt chin liposuction for the chin and neck

+1

I would use a small incision based micro liposuction to remove the extra fat from the double chin area.  Contouring of the jawline, jowls, and neck would also be an outstanding addition. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS