What is the Best Option for Getting Rid of Neck Fat to Create a More Pronounced Jaw Line?

I'm a 25 year old female actress in Los Angeles and I'd like to get rid of my "double chin" and lower cheek area to create a more pronounced jaw line. I'm in good shape and there isn't too much fat so traditional lipo seems rather invasive and expensive. I've looked into "laser lipo" and "lipo freeze". Would these be good options for someone like me or is there a better way? Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks.

Jawline definition options

+1

Thank your for the question and the photos.  Improving the definition of the jawline often has several options and may include increasing the prominence of the chin and jaw, reducing the volume of the neck, or a combination of the two.  You have several good options depending on what you would like to achieve and what type of time/financial investment you are willing to make.  The best result (and as expected the most expensive option) will be a chin implant, liposuction of the neck, possibly buccal fat pad removal.  The least invasive would be Ulthera but this will also be the least amount of improvement.  A very good middle ground for you might be liposuction of the neck.  The type of liposuction is not really that important since fat removal is fat removal.  Liposuction of the neck can be performed under local anesthesia allowing you to drive yourself in and out of your plastic surgeons office.  You will have to wear a compression garment for at least a few days. 

Dr. Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/details.cfm?ID=36&StartRow=1

More Pronounced Jaw Line in a 25 Year Old

+1

Given your age, I would present a series of options.  The time tested and most obvious surgical approach would be to offer a chin implant and submental liposuction.  The photographs reveal a relatively set back chin that would respond nicely to a medium sized Mittleman pre-jowl implant.  A nonsurgical route that could be considered is Ultherapy for tightening the lower face and neck.  Ultherapy utilizes focused Ultrasound waves to tighten these problem areas.  Ultherapy alone would not be able to address the aesthetic issues with your chin, but has the advantage of minimal to no downtime.

Web reference: http://www.drprendiville.com/

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Double chin

+1

Based on your photos it appears that you are a good candidate for neck liposuction, possibly with addition of a small chin implant.  The non-invasive treatments you mention are not likely to do much

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/neck_liposuction.php

Neck lift to get rid of neck fat & create defined jaw line

+1

The best alternative to getting rid of neck fat is to sculpt the entire jaw/neck line with a neck lift.  This involves removal of fat both above and below the platysmal muscle and tightening the anterior platysmal muscle edges to give a nice 90 degree angle jaw line.  This is done through a 1 inch incision underneath the chin with two 0.5 inch incisions behind the ears.

Web reference: http://seattlefacial.com

Options for neck tightening

+1

You may benefit from Thermage®. Thermage is now a safe, non-invasive, radiofrequency (RF) cosmetic procedure that’s clinically proven to help smooth, tighten and contour skin for an overall younger looking appearance. This can treat sagging skin, loose jowls, lack of definition in the jaw line, sagging neck skin (“turkey neck”), wrinkles and fine lines, and lack of definition in the lips. Thermage® uses radiofrequency technology to heat the deep, collagen rich layers of your skin. The heat helps tighten existing collagen and stimulate the formation of new collagen, which reduces sagging, renews contours, and improves the smoothness and texture of the skin’s surface. Comfort Pulse Technology, including a vibrating handpiece, delivers enhanced patient comfort. The treatment delivers natural looking results with little to no downtime —on all skin colors, on and off the face, all in a single procedure. Fast and easy, you can even come in during your lunch break and return to work after!   

Smart Lipo is also an effective way of resculpting the neck area and helps tighten loose skin. Smart Lipo uses laser light allowing finer resculpturing of the neck and jowls. If greater tightening of the skin is required, you may benefit more from a neck lift. This is also a quick way to reduce jowls, eliminate a double chin, slim the bands of muscle that form the wattle, and tighten neck skin. Often, liposuction alone can help resculpt this area and tighten loose skin. These procedures can be performed as an outpatient without the need for general anesthesia allowing for a quick recovery.  

Liposuction and a well-defined jawline

+1

From you pictures it appears that you would be a great candidate for submental/cervical lipocontouring. It is a relatively easy process with little downtime and can be done very comfortably under local anesthetic. It provides a very natural, defined look to the jawline. In my opinion you can get great results from a simple lipocontouring technique without gimmicky technology that provides questionable benefit.

Neck and chin fat

+1

From your photos it looks like sub-mental (under the chin) liposuction is appropriate.  You appear to have good skin tone and so you can expect a good result (as long as things are not overdone!).

The things you mention are all gimmicks. 

Consider:  what is required is that tunnels be created in fat (which is a solid structure held in place by solid bands of fibre); contours will change as the tunnels collapse over time. 

Any safe way to make tunnels works well, and it is the hands of the operator that are much more important than the actual tools used.  Regular old routine run-of-the-mill standard liposuction is not terribly expensive, is very safe, and can easily be performed in an office under local anesthsia.

Don't be over-awed by slick brochures and fancy technology. Beware of the newest/latest/greatest.  Find a competant Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (not a pretender) and you will have a great result.

How to shrink and trim my chubby neck

+1

Office liposuction is safe, reliable, effective, and in my opinion, the procedure of choice for a young patient such as yourself with a moderate amount of extra neck fat and excellent skin elasticity.  Recovery is brief, and involves wearing an elastic compression strap or garment.  No indication for laser lipo, which increases costs and adds complexity in the form of potentially destructive laser energy.  Because I know nothing about "lipo freeze," cannot comment, but sounds gimmicky to me.  Focus on results, not on the procedure.

Web reference: http://feelbeautiful.com

Neck Rejuvenation

+1

Cervical / submandibular liposuction

Some individuals have 'sagging' necks primarily due to fat accumulation below the jawbone (mandible). In some cases, liposuction alone can significantly improve the neck appearance. Liposuction is also frequently combined with surgical neck rejuvenation, and in selected cases some direct excision of fat (through a hidden incision below the chin) is performed. The reduction of fat in the area below the jawline and in the anterior neck almost always makes the neck appear longer, and makes the patient's profile appear more elegant or refined.

Suture suspension neck lift

In cosmetic surgery patients that do not have a sharp transition in profile between the submental area (area below the jawline) and the anterior neck, and in patients who simply want that transition enhanced, I add a 'suture suspension necklift'. A permanent suture is passed subcutaneously across the anterior neck, at the level corresponding to depth of the angle between the submental area and anterior neck, and is then anchored to the deep soft tissues behind each earlobe. This suspension cosmetic surgery procedure can dramatically enhance the definition between the jawline and anterior neck, producing a more elegant profile.

The neck is without question the primary 'facelift' aesthetic area where subtractive (excisional) and tightening procedures restore a truly youthful contour. Once again, take a look at the fashion magazines: essentially every neck you'll see demonstrates something close to a right angle between the neck and jaw. When it comes to the neck, and only in the neck, flat is good.

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

+1

IMHO, from looking at the photos provided, micro-liposuction of the neck with an ellipse of excess skin below the chin woiuld be required.  You may want to do micro-lipo on the upper face. as well, to shape the cheek area.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com