What Would Be the Best Option for Revision of Upper Blepheroplasty for Someone in Late 20s?

I underwent an upper blepheroplasty 6 months ago (board certified plastic surgeon) due to a complaint of "puffy" look. When I asked the plastic surgeon what he recommended, he said removal of fat and a little skin. When asked about revision he said there is nothing that can be done. I am in my late 20s and my eyes now look older. I have double eyelid creases, skin folds, hollow looking eyes that appear to be round looking at corners causing it to look "done". I see looseness under my eyes now.

Too much

+2

Hi

I truly believe the reason your eyes look "older" is that you had too much fat removed. The youthful eye is well framed by soft tissue.

The best correction for you issue is autologous fat grafting to the upper lid

You need to see someone who does a lot of this as it is very technique dependent

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery is sometimes done in younger patients.

+2

Occasionally, for congenital reasons, patients will have blepharoplasty done. You should have had some idea what to expect before the operation. Small amount of redundant skin of the upper lids can be improved with minor skin take out under local anesthesia.

Hollowness After An Upper Blepharoplasty

+2

If fat was removed from the upper eyelid during your blepharoplasty, it can cause a hollowness in the area.  A hollow upper lid can create the appearance you are describing.  Volume can be added to the area using either injectable fillers (Restylane/Jevaderm) or facial fat grafting to improve your appearance.  

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

What Would Be the Best Option for Revision of Upper Blepharoplasty for Someone in Late 20s?

+1

You may want to think about removal of the small fold of skin laterally or you may want to do nothing at all.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facial and eyelid surgeries each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Revision of Blepharoplasty

+1

Thank you for your photographs.  There are some procedures that can be done but should they be done.  I would NOT inject fillers.  Fat can be injected.  The small amount of excess skin laterally could be removed.  Honestly,  you already had a procedure that you were not a candidate for and your current result is not unreasonable therefore I would not recommend any additional procedures.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS