What is the Best Option for my Mole Removal? (photo)

hi to all the doctors. Im really confused what is the best for my mole removal. I really want it to be removed but im just scared What will be the outcome.( sunken appearance, scars) ive consulted one dermatologist. He suggested laser Which may require 2 sessions. Another plastic surgeon ive consulted ladt year advised excision. Now im very confused.

Shave or surgical excision for a mole on the lip and cheeks in Los Angeles

+1

Shave excision or surgical excision will both yield very nice results if performed correctly. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Best options for mole removal

+1

The good news is that your mole can easily be removed using a "shave excision" method. With this technique, the mole is actually "shaved off" at a very superficial level just below the surface of the skin. This method is quite effective and leaves a minimal scar. The procedure typically takes less than a minute and is fairly painless. The other method is an excision with suture closure which uses both dissolving and non-dissolving sutures to give the best cosmetic result. Dermatologic surgeons typically do both procedures expertly and can decide which would be best for your particular mole. I feel that it is never appropriate to use a laser as your primary treatment for removing a mole.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Mole removal

+1

Since the mole is raised, a shave excision may give you a good result.  I would recommend that you see a dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon for an evaluation and possible treatment.

Sam Naficy, MD

Mole Removal

+1

Cut it out nicely and stitch it up pretty and send all for pathology.    I think you need to get rid of it but that is up to you.   It does not look dangerous but I do not have enough information to pass judgement on danger.   You have several moles in the area.  They are not an asset in my opinion so get someone to remove them.  You insurance likely will cover.   Good luck.  My Best,   Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Mole removal via shave procedure

+1

From your photo I would think you could have a simple shave procedure done where the site is numbed, a small scalpel is used to literally shave off the mole, and then its left to heal on its own (no sutures) with specific postcare instructions for you. This is a very easy procedure that can be performed by an experienced dermatologist or dermatologic surgeon in a matter of minutes. With good post care you should have little to no scarring. I wouldn't recommend a true excision, as your mole is very raised and easy to shave. You don't need a big excision or sutures there. Also, I adamantly disagree with using lasers to remove moles. By doing this we cannot do labwork on sites so it can never be confirmed if it was something more than a mole.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD