What is the Best Option for Indented Acne Scars?

I have very deep acne scars with pigmentation in my skin. I have had many chemical peels, 20+ microdermabrasion treatments that did not make a difference to the indented scars. I visited a few plastic surgeons to get a dermabrasion or laser treatments and they tested a spot and said that was not an option for me as it gave me hyperpigmentation.

Acne scars

+3

Acne scars are very problematic and difficult to treat.  LaViv may be a method to improve the acne scarred skin. 

Re: Best Option for Indented Acne Scars

+2

Acne scars are basically made of thickly arranged collagen fibers. These fibers have the same composition as the normal collagen that exists in the rest of your skin. The only difference is in how they are arranged. 

Acne scars form as a result of inflammation, which is a form of trauma to the skin. It creates scar tissue to heal itself. 

Lasers actually work to change the collagen structures of the acne scars. By deliberately applying heat beneath the skin's surface, normal forms of collagen are then produced by specialized cells in your skin. This helps fade out the acne scars.

There are many different types of lasers and settings. It is important to match both the right parameters with the patient's skin type. Too much heat will cause your skin to produce melanin, which is how hyperpigmentation occurs.

Some people are candidates for dermabrasion, which is very aggressive and painful. For those who make an ideal fit for this procedure, the results can be quite positive. 

Web reference: http://www.finetouchdermatology.com/los-angeles-acne-scars/

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne scars depressed and deep with no improvement with chemical peels

+1

hyperpigmentation could be a problem for you because your skin tone is dark and your hair coloring is dark too. But the resurfacing could be key to your improvement. For the deep scars I would consider subcision or other multilayered approach with co2 resurfacing. pictures would help and a consultation to see what you are really talking about is crucial.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon