What is the best option for correcting my crossbite and impacted canines?

I am looking for the best option to correct my teeth without traditional braces. Ive heard about lingual braces and invisalign, but I'm wondering if there are any other options out there and which would be the best for me. I'm not concerned about how long it would take to correct but I'm looking for anything that is not the traditional braces route. I have a crossbite and both of my canines are impacted. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Treatment of complex cases, like yours, should be done by a orthodontic specialist

+1

You mentioned two problems that are particularly difficult to correct, especially in an adult. I would certainly recommend consulting with an orthodontist, rather than a general dentist who dabbles in orthodontics. An orthodontic specialist will be a member of the American Association of Orthodontists.

Both problems, under proper circumstances, may be corrected. However any type of removable appliance can NOT be the primary strategy in doing so. This includes Invisalign, and certainly not a DNA appliance, or Epigenetic appliances.

With a proper diagnosis (not an internet diagnosis) and under the care of an experienced orthodontist, lingual braces can be successfully used to treat your kind of case. I have completed several impacted canine cases on adults successfully with Incognito, customized lingual braces. If Kennesaw is not too far away for you, I'd be glad to take a look. Good luck.

Atlanta Orthodontist

+1

Do your homework carefully before proceeding. With impacted canines and a crossbite the most common recommendation for treatment will be bicuspid extractions followed by either clear aligners or traditional braces. This will work well if all you care about is straight teeth. However, before any teeth are ever moved a patient should be made aware of the ramifications, including facial aesthetics, lip support, TMJ health and airway health.

Your problem (based on crossbite and impacted canines) is an underdeveloped upper arch. If your upper arch is underdeveloped your lower jaw is more than likely retruded which potentially compromises your TMJ and airway.

To solve your problem (underdeveloped upper arch) would require more than Invisalign or lingual braces anyway. Search "full-faced orthodontics" or DNA appliance for solutions to your problem.

Good luck!

Brad Lockhart, DDS
Tustin Cosmetic Dentist