What's the Best Option for a Bra when Returning to Work After a Breast Reduction?

I've been told that after my surgery I'll be given a special "surgical bra" but I'd like to have more than one option, to have something to wear when the other one is in the wash...is there something I can buy at an average store that will simulate the same effect as the surgical bra? Sorry that I don't have any photos yet...

Special Bra after Breast Reduction Surgery?

+1

It may be best to ask your plastic surgeon what he/she recommends but I generally ask my patients use soft sports bra for after surgery.  No underwire. I also suggest that way for several months before spending a lot of money on expensive bras ( since the breasts will undergo changes for the 1st few months after breast augmentation surgery).

Hello

+1

After surgery you are able to wear any bra after 6 weeks. A sports bra is usually really good in supporting your breast. You should ask your surgeon to see what he would recommend.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Surgical bra after breast reduction

+1

I usually do not use a special bra to do anything for the breasts other than to hold in any dressing that I want to use.  But, you should ask your surgeon for his preference.

Bra after breast reduction

+1

Thank you for the question. Generally speaking, any sports bra that is comfortable to wear is good to use when you go back to work. There is nothing special here except they should not have any under wires. You can get the sports bra from any local store. 

It is also helpful if you check with your plastic surgeon about his /her post operative recovery protocol. Best wishes.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Best Bra When Returning to Work After a Breast Reduction

+1

For the first week after the reduction mammoplasty it is important to have adequate support. This allows the tissues to heal in place and helps to avoid movement of the remodeled tissue.  We recommend:

• A heavy support bra with the opening to the front.
  • After a week or two our patients can then go to a sports bra.
  • Avoid any under wires in your support garment for at least 3 months after the procedure

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon