What is the Best Option to Eliminate my Dark Circles and Tear Troughs at the Same Time? (photo)

I have dark under eye circles along with deep tear troughs, but no "bags" that most people are talking about on this site. I believe I have thin under eye skin. I'm in my early 20s and in good health. What is the best option that will tackle both problems at the same time (preferably permanent)? Also, I'm scheduled to undergo a closed rhinoplasty to remove a nasal hump in 4 months. How long should I wait till I undergo any procedures for my under eyes? (or is it safe to do it before?)

Don't ever let anyone inject you with silicone oil.

+2

Treatment with Silicone oil is unethical.  This product is not FDA approved for this purpose, foreseeably causes complications and can't be adjusted.  Hyaluronic acid fillers are great and if there are any issues, the filler can be modified with a simple injection of the enzyme hyaluronidase.

Fillers

+1

Dark circles can be treated topically and/or with lasers.  The tear trough responds well to facial injectable fillers!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

You may be a candidate for an Injectable Filler procedure to improve the appearance of your lower eyelid grooves.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

Your lower eyelid grooves may be improved by a well-performed Injectable Filler procedure to add volume to your grooves and lead to a smoother appearance. My personal preference and experience is with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. The skill of your physician is of utmost importance, since your delicate lower eyelid skin may be unforgiving.

Your purplish discoloration of your lower eyelid skin is likely from years of nasal allergy ("allergic shiners"), and I am not aware of any good treatments for this.

The timing of your rhinoplasty and lower eyelid injection should be confirmed by your rhinoplasty surgeon.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon