Can you make the nostrils smaller and shorten the nose length? (photos)

Good afternoon Doctors, I'm looking to decrease the overall length as shown in red. I'm also looking to decrease the nostrils as shown in blue. 1 How high up the nose can you take off? 2 Would a columella reduction also push the skin above the lips back? (preferred) 3 If the nostrils become smaller in length do they become wider? 4 I'd like to see similar nose photo results, what is the procedure terminology for my example? Anything else you can share I'd be happy to read. Thank you Doctors!

Can you make the nostrils smaller and shorten the nose length?

+1
   I think that dorsal reduction with tip deprojection and caudal septal reduction would produce a nice change for your nose.  This could be done in closed fashion.

Rhinoplasty deprojection, etc.

+1
The nose can be deprojected and u will need to have alar incisions possibly because the nostrils will get slightly wider. Select an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does noses you like. 

Rhinoplasty candidate to de-project the nose and reduce the columellar show

+1
The rhinoplasty procedure can de-project  the long nose by shaving down the dorsal hump, adjusting the tip and reducing the nasal spine. The columellar show that  is present can be reduced by trimming back the caudal and membranous septum. For many examples of both of these procedures, please see the link below

Tension nose

+1
You have what is called a "tension nose".  This results when the septum is overly long in the front.  It "pushes" the rest of the nose out and causes the bowing of the angle between the nose and the lip.  This is a fairly common issue with noses that is corrected by setting the nose back on the septum and sometimes trimming the septum a bit if it is really long.  It does help the lip as well.  The amount that it can be set back depends on many factors.  You should look for a surgeon that does imaging so you can get a sense of how much is possible.  Yes, the nostrils can spread to the side and may need reduction after this type of maneuver.   Look at patients 3 and 14 on my website (see link below). 

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon