Is It Possible to Make the Nose Pointed Again? (photo)

Hello, I had my primary rhinoplasty 10 months ago and have been unhappy with it ever since. I only wished to change the bridge but the doctor also changed the tip, making it more rounded, upturned and less projected. I plan on having a revision in a few months to hopefully put the tip back as close as possible to how it was. I would just like to understand a bit more what would be done before I start consulting with (experienced) surgeons. Any information would be really helpful, thanks.

Ae tip more pointed

+1

I use two techniques for this. First I suture the tip Second I make a graft the size of a collar button and slp it nto the tip cartilages together to project and point the tip.(tip graft) Tsis a very easy and quick technique I"Ve used hundreds of times successfully

Making nose tip pointed again

+1

It is possible to make the nose more pointed rhinoplasty tip techniques, such as suturing the nasal tip cartilages and removal of excess cartilages.  Osteotomies will narrow the nasal bones in the mid and upper third of the nose.

Tip Revision

+1

Probably, there is significant change with further definition of the tip the first six months and some out to eighteen months or longer. I would wait until at least eighteen months after the original surgery.

James H. Fuller, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

Without knowing what was done in the operating room or having good prep and post-op photos, I could not really say if it were possible.  Remember that you still may have some swelling from your previous surgery.