Could the Nose Implant Cause Running Nose?

Every time after I run for a while, I get some liquid which is very clear like water come from my nose so it can be the problem caused by the implant in my nose or just the sinus problem? I have done the implant surgery in my nose long time ago but I only use a little bit implant to mountain my nose but in tip. Can I still run or I have to stop running? Thank you.

Could the nose implant cause running nose?

+1

How long ago was your surgery? The implant itself would not cause a discharge. This may be the result of some type of infection, and an exam would be advised to rule this out as a possibility. Signs of an infection are as follow:

1) Warmth

2) Puss

3) Swelling

Since the liquid is clear, it is more likely a sinus issue. This should be examined by your surgeon or a board certified ENT. Does the issue only occur when you are running? If that is the case, then you may want to hold off until the area is examined. I hope this helps, and best of luck

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal drainage and implant

+1

If you have had the implant a while and there is not tenderness or redness the likelihood of an infection is low, but you may want to go in for an evaluation to see if you have other issues like sinus problems.

Possible nasal implant problem

+1

If you have noticed a change in your nose or unusual drainage you should be examined by your surgeon.  If a nasal implant becomes infected it must be removed.  

Nasal Implant

+1

If the implant were infected or draining- you would likely have other symptoms, but it is impossible to diagnose you without an examination. You may want to  consult with an ENT specialist.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal drainage

+1

You should have an evaluation of your nose since you have had an implant placed.  It  may not have any thing to do with the nasal drainage but should ruled out.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Clear Drainage after Rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for the question, and I understand your concerns. What you're describing sounds like allergies or runny nose due to activity (vasomotor rhinorrhea).  I agree, though, that extra concern is warranted when you have an implant in the nose. If there is any pain, pressure, pus-like drainage, redness, or fever, please see your surgeon immediately as this could indicate an infection involving the implant.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon