Does the Nose After Rhinoplasty Slouch Down a Bit As Months of Healing Goes by?

Hi Doctor, After Rhinoplasty my nose was sloped high, kind of like a lift.. Now that it's healing it's been 2 months after surgeory i feel it's slouching down from the high angle it was ? and i have started weight training but 10-12 reps not too heavy just to ge my size back , this occured 4-6weeks after my surgeory. Does this happen naturally ? or is weight training doing this ? Thanks.

Nasal tip droop following rhinoplasty

+1

In general, the tip will drop slightly as you are healing. This is not something that will be affected by weight training. I would recommend following up with your surgeon regarding any concerns, as they know the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Tip Droop 2 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

The tip can droop more 2 months after rhinoplasty as the swelling goes down and there is a relaxation of tissue.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Drooping tip

+1

As the swelling goes down the tip will retro-displace, settle, or come closer to your face. This is natural. Have your surgeon look at your nose.

David Ellis MD  FRCSC

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Art of Facial Surgery

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

The tip of the nose often drops slighly after rhinoplasty

+1

We usually plan for the tip dropping after rhinoplasty. The angle is set during surgery. Sutures, taping and firm scars hold the tip higher than the planned angle for a few weeks to months.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Rhinoplasty and tip

+1

The tip can look falsely elevated due to swelling. As the swelling dissipates the tip can look a bit lower.