What is the Normal Wait Time to Remove Stitches from the Face?

I had a lymph node removed from my neck. The doctor wants me to wait three weeks. I just think that it is to long. I need help with information.

Removing sutures from the face and/or neck

+1

Every surgeon will have a specific time for removal depending on your individual anatomy and type of surgery used.  Most sutures in the face and neck are typically removed at the 5-10 day mark.

Web reference: http://www.shahfacialplastics.com/Mole-Removal.html

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

When do you remove stitches after a procedure

+1

I'm sure your physician has a specific reason as to the timing for your stitch removal. If you have a question about it, just ask your doctor why that is the suggested timeframe. It probably has to do with the location, size or depth of removal, type of closure done, etc.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."