What are the normal expectations after 18 days of a lower facelift?

I'm experiencing a burning in my neck , itching and sharp stabbing.Are these all normal symptoms. I also had large scabbing which are now almost all coming off but....they are leaving the stitched area red. Is that also normal once the scab is off to be a little red? I also still have the self dissolving stitches exposed. Is that normal and how long for thses symptoms to persist?

Crusting and sensory issues after face lift

+1
Some crusting and some sensory issues are normal as the incisions heal. However, it is always a good idea to follow closely with your surgeon to be sure.

Scabbing, itching

+1
You should visit with your surgeon and get his/her evaluation and recommendation. Dissolvable sutures are designed to cause mild inflammation in order to dissolve. Perhaps your body is reacting to the sutures too much, and you may benefit from an adjustment in your wound care. 

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon