How Do You Make the Nipple Round During a Breast Lift?

I've seen some breast lifts that have left the nipples different sizes from one another, and not a clean looking circle. How do you go about this? How should i ask my PS how she does it?

+1

By all means discuss this with your surgeon.

The circular shape is usually made with a template. At the end of surgery the areolar will be round, but wound healing may change that, usually with some elongation in the vertical direction. Normal areolas are a bit taller than wide.

Sometimes a permanent suture of Gore-tex is used to help maintain the shape.

Best wishes for your upcoming procedure. 

Shaping during a breast lift

+1

There are templates to size the areolas during a breast lift.  Having differently sized areolas after surgery may occur if there is more tension on one breast than another or if the nipple complexes are in different stages of contraction when they are sized in surgery.  Discussing your surgeon's technique is not an uncommon question and your plastic surgeon should have no reservations explaining it to you.  

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon