The Night Before Breast Reduction Surgery?

Is dial antibacteria soap good to wash with? And also I understand I am not suppose to have ANY chemicals in my hair but am I atleast able to blow dry and straighting my hair for surgery?

Breast reduction preparation

+3

Anti bacterial soap shoulc becsafe to use butvis not necessary. After showering do not use moisturisers or deodorants the morning of surgery. Check to see when your surgeons allows you to shower and wah your hair,  I recommend waiting 48 hours. Before surgery you can wash and blow dry your hair.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Regular soap and water is good

+2

In my practice I ask my patients to wash with regular soap and water the morning of the surgery. They are not to use any body lotions, creams, deodorants, make up etc. Keep the body clean and plain. Blow dry and hair straightening is OK. Also remember to have nothing to eat or drink. Take your regular medication unless your doctor instructed you not to. If your medication says "take with food", DON'T take with food! (last week we had a patient have some food with her meds before surgery because the medication bottle said "take with food"!)

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Twas the night before breast reduction

+2

And you can certainly shower and blow dry your hair.  Follow your plastic surgeon's preop instructions.  Antibacterial soap is a good idea but I would personally recommend that, if you don't use this as a routine, to try a new product a few weeks before surgery, just in case you are allergic to one of the ingredients.  Best of luck!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Grooming concerns before breast reduction

+2

DivineDaughter777: Do pose these questions to your PS and follow the protocol. Prior to any cosmetic surgery, there is an effort to reduce the bacterial load, by using an antibacterial soap, such as Dial, Lever 1000 or Chlorhexidine, Phisohex, etc.  Large breasted women who suffer from intertrigo (skin fold maceration) or cysts, should ideally have these controlled pre-op.  Ultimately, you will be prepped with a surgical soap and probably receive IV antibiotics, before your surgery starts.  As far as shampooing and straightening your hair, if time permits, go ahead.  Do remember that there may be a latency of 1-2 days before you will be able to shower and shampoo, post-op.  Good luck.

Lavinia Chong, MD

Antibacterial Soap Prior To Breast Reduction

+1

A good cleansing prior to breast reduction particularly within the breast folds and the armpits probably makes sense.  Soap and water is fine.  Use of other chemicals may be prohibited.  You must remember that you are cleansed thoroughly prior to surgery to reduce the risk of infection.

Breast surgery

+1

"Twas the night before breast surgery...."  Dial soap is probably OK. I usually give my patients a packet of info prior to surgery to review.  Blowing your hair shoudl be fine.

Breast Reduction and Preoperative Instructions?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

You will find that prior to your surgery, you will be given a list of “do's and don'ts” by your chosen plastic surgeon. I would suggest that you follow those instructions, as opposed to those provided to you by online consultants.

Having said that, it will do no harm to use any soap that you are not allergic to prior to surgery and to blowdry etc. your hair.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be very pleased with the outcome of the procedure.

The night before breast reduction surgery

+1

Thank you for the question. Each plastic surgeon has his/her instructions for preparation for surgery. My advice for you is to address these questions with you plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD