What is the New Material Used by Invisalign?

My orthodontist mentioned that my refinement trays would be made of a new material introduced a few weeks ago. What will be the difference in my new vs. current aligners?

New Trays

+1

The new trays are much thinner and more comfortable. All of my patients who had refinement trays with the newer material asked "Why didn't I get this before?, this is way more comfortable!"

Invisalign spends a lot of money on research and development. This is just one of their many improvements for 2013.

Miami Cosmetic Dentist

Difference between old and new material now used for Invisalign

+1

Smart Track is Invisalign's  newest clear material. It yields better rotations and better extrusions with attachments when compared to the 3G and 4G versions. Teeth seem to track better, so patients, who are compliant with wearing the aligners, are having much less to do in case refinement. Seems to work in  the patient's favor and that is the most important!

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

What is the new invisalign material?

+1

The new material is called SmartTrack.  SmartTrack is a highly elastic, proprietary new aligner material that delivers gentle, more constant force to improve control of tooth movements with Invisalign clear aligner treatment.  I have been using it for a while now and have been pleased with the results so far.

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

New Invisalign Material

+1

If anything, it will be better than the old material. You have no choice. It's what Invisalign believes is better.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

New invisalign material

+1

Invisalign has always used an industrial plastic that was good but not perfect for making the aligners.  After many many years of research they have finally developed a very specific type of plastic that is more flexible, more comfortable and more effective in moving teeth.  After much clinical testing it was released and is now the plastic used for all new Invisalign cases.

Saint Louis Orthodontist