Is It Safe to Inject Filler on the Side of the Top Nose Bridge? (photo)

I have a dimp on the side of the top nose bridge. I've added a picture that shows the location where it is and where i would like to have some filler injected. I went to a PS and discussed the issue with him. He told me that it was too dangerous to inject any filler in that area. It could get in a vein and end up getting in my eye causing a blind spot or blindness. Are there any other solutions? and is it really that dangerous in that area? ps. i've added a picture of the veins in the face.

Blindness and Fillers

+1

There is a small risk of blindness if the injection is placed in the wrong place.  A strong knowledge of the anatomy is critical as well as finding a skilled injector who is a specialist to help address your area of concern.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek.

Filler

+1

Your plastic surgeon is correct.  There is a risk of blindness injecting in that area.  The risk, however is extremely small and has only been reported a handful of times anywhere in the world.   The vast majority of those reports have been with injections of fat and not a filler like Radiesse or hyaluronic acid.  Obviously, you would be better going to an expert injector, someone with experience injecting in that area.  I hope you find this helpful.

Peter J. Jenkin, MD, FAAD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon