What is the best neck treatment to have in conjunction with my mini facelift?

Received several consultations for a mini facelift. All doctors suggested similar types of procedures to reduce labial folds, jowls and general sagging face. Each also proposed some type of neck treatment ranging from liposuction to full corsett plastysmaplasty. Would like recommendations to select the best combination of procedures. A few notes: - early 50's - lost 25 pounds in past year - some of waddle is genetic, not due to age - skin is in good condition, minimal wrinkles Thanks!

+2

The truth is that the neck should be treated differently and tailored to the individual. There are so many variations here that can include medial and lateral muscle plication, supraplatysmal and subplatysmal fat removal, and level of undermining and manner of skin redrape. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts, necklifts, facelift revisions, and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Best neck treatment in conjunction with a facelift ?

+2

I almost always perform a platysmaplasty with my facelifts as it only makes the neck profile sharper and ALWAYS enhances the results of a facelift. I do not perform neck liposuction routinely as I like to leave some fat as it leaves a softer, smoother, more natural appearing contour after the procedure; I feel it is the platysmaplasty that does most of the 'work' in defining the neck rather than the liposuction.

As for a 'minilift', I am not sure what that entails exactly but as long as your surgeon is performing some type of tightening of the SMAS layer, your results should be wonderful and long lasting.

Good luck and enjoy your journey to a more youthful appearing you!

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Best neck treatment with mini facelift.

+2

Best neck treatment with mini facelift. It is impossible to give a proper answer to this question without photos. Those of us who have a great deal of experience have several ways to deal with subtle variations of neck and face aging.

Best neck lift with face lift

+2

Thank you for asking about the best neck lift for your mini-lift.

• Your best result will be a corset platysma-plasty + liposuction of any fat,
  • A neck suture with the mini-lift can be done,
  • Mini-lifts easily cause distortion in cheeks and around eyes,
  • A biplanar SMAS flap face lift with corset platysmaplasty consistently gives the best, most enduring results.
  • Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Neck Lift Procedures with Facelifting

+1
"Supra" means superficial too, "platsma" is the thin paired muscles in the front of the neck so Supraplaysmal basically is just a lot ("extended") skin undermining. Not sure why fancy words are used with patients as they most often cause confusion. Skin only facelift in my experience don't last as long as ones that involve elevation of tissues like the "SMAS: that supports the overlying skin - such as the MACS or LiteLift procedures.
Regarding best neck procedure- it all depends on whether or not you have prominent platysmal bands which are separated under your chin and/or excessive localized fat.
This is best determined by an exam.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

What is the best neck treatment to have

+1
Dear ms, thank you for your question. A mini facelift can improve the jawline and neck , and in some cases the cheeks. Our La Jolla Lift procedure is performed with gentle twilight sedation. Consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to see what your best option is. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Treatment to Have With a Mini Facelift?

+1

It really depends on your aging process and anatomy. There is no cookie cutter approach. If there is accumulation of fat then liposuction is needed. If the platysma are prominent then a platysmaplasty would help. Any surgeon would need to examine your face and neck before giving you a recommendation.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD