What is the Most Natural Nasal Bridge Implant? Does Implants Show Up As You Age?

I've seen many people with silicone implants in their nose, and the implant is quite prominent. It seems to show up under the skin. If I get radix and cartilage grafting, will the implants seem unnatural?

+1

Dear Leni,

The best implant is you. Using your own bodies tissue (Cartilage) is alive and adapts.  In most cases the septum is a good choice as site, in some cases using a rib is necessary for larger volume implant.

Best Wishes,

Pablo PRichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Cartilaginous radix graft implant

+1

The best grafting source of material used in the nose is nasal cartilage. It can be cut, fashioned, and morselized  to  fit any pocket that may be needed to reconstruct or add a cartilage graft to the nose. The only exception to this would be an Asian noses  when we do use Silastic nasal dorsal implant. Please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery where we had performed many cartilage grafts on these patients

Rhinoplasty

+1

I prefer to use cartilage and tissue from your own body to build up the nose.  Implants made of silicone, goretex, medpore, etc can give an unnatural appearance and have additional risks of infection, rejection, and migration.  I have unfortunately removed many implants placed by other surgeons and reconstructed the nose using the patient's own tissue to get a natural result that fits their faces.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with augmenting the nose.  

Kimberly Lee, MD

Nasal bridge grafts

+1

It is usually best to use cartilage for nasal bridge grafts.  Best to see a plastic surgeon in person for an evaluation.

Cartilage dorsum grafts with soft tissue.

+1

Cartilage dorsum grafts with soft tissue is what I have used exclusively for 35 years. I do not use artificial materials in the nose for multiple reasons. I have watched my grafts in these patients over time and you do not see them nor have I had any infection. 

Nasal implant

+1

I would recommend your own cartilage as an implant.  Most cases can be done with nasal cartilage alone.  Other cases, depending on the amount needed may require ear or rib cartilage.  See a board certified surgeon who does frequent rhinoplasty for an evaluation.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

What Is The Most Natural Nasal Implant?

+1

Most Plastic Surgeons prefer to use your own tissue, such as cartilage from your nose or ear.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in Rhinoplasty, and Reconstructive Rhinoplasty procedures.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

+1

I agree with Dr. Echavez that cartilage is the optimal implant because it's your living tissue. In patients lacking enough cartilage to achieve the surgical goal, I will typically use Gore-tex as it can be layered to create very precise augmentation of the nasal bridge. Med-por in my experience is a very poor nasal implant with high risk of infection. Silicone implants are widely used in Asia but I do not use them. I hope this information is helpful. Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal bridge implants

+1

The most natural nasal implant would be using a substance from your own body.  Normally, this would be cartilage from your nose.  There are other substances, such as GoreTex and silicone that could be used, but the most natural implant material would still be your own tissue.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon