What Would Be the Most Natural Looking Implant Size for 32a?

I am currently 112 on a good day, 5'2 with 32a or 32aa depending who you ask. I was interested in being a full A cup to small B cup. I saw implants that were about 200cc they looked too big and very fake to me. Fake in the sense people with smaller breasts lack fat so the implant doesn't look as good. I was curious if there are sizes smaller than 200cc that may work for me? My ultimate goal is to add more of a top of the breast fullness. Hope this makes sense.. Just began research. Thank you all.

Natural looking breast implants for small breasted women

+7
It is very common in my practice to perform a breast enhancement that changes the breast profile from an A cup to a B cup, says Dr. Michael Law, a board-certified plastic surgeon in Raleigh, NC, formerly of Beverly Hills. I rarely have patients requesting large implants anymore, although there are still a few who express a desire for that busty, done look. I counsel those patients that it is certainly possible to achieve that look, if it is truly what they want, but that I simply won't perform any aesthetic surgery that doesn't look natural. A woman with very large breast implants that doesn't match her frame looks like a cartoon character, and that is not my aesthetic ideal. And these patients never have any problem finding someone who will give them the look that they want.
Potential breast augmentation patients should also give serious thought to the following consideration: one great advantage of a conservative breast enhancement is that small implants are much more likely to feel natural. It is possible to provide a breast enhancement that is soft, supple and even undetectable (by touching) with a small implant, something that is never achieved with very large breast implants.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Smaller than 200 cc Implants?

+2

The average implant placed in this country is 350 cc.  So 200 cc is very small to begin.  An implant under the muscle is blunted by about 50 cc as well.  So what it looks like outside looks bigger than what it looks like inside.  I suspect that 200 cc will be a good size for you to get you up one cup size to a B or so.

Breast augmentation A cup to a B cup, Cohesive Silicone Gel Breast Implants

+2

It's quite rare that a properly performed breast enlargement for a woman your size won't accommodate at least 200 ccs.  Keep in mind that smaller implants have smaller diameters and may not provide adequate shaping for you.  Placing your implants subpectorally and vertically incising the pectoral fascia will allow better muscle relaxation to permit a slightly larger implant without excessive roundness.  Your goal should be to achieve approximately a full B cup which though conservative in size is more likely to lead to long term satisfaction for you.

I also highly recommend for my patients the use of the newly FDA approved cohesive gel silicone implants offered by Sientra.   Just my opinion....

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Choosing the most appropriate breast implant size

+2

Implant size is chosen based on your anatomy, specifically chest width. For women that are thin, without a lot of breast tissue, implant placement under the muscle will give a more natural looking appearance. During your consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, I recommend bringing pictures of breasts that you like to help communicate your aesthetic goals.  

Scott Farber, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

200 cc implants

+2

200 cc implants are very small.  The implants do come in smaller sizes but you should be sized based upon your chest wall diameter.

Natural Looking Implants for Small Size

+2

Most women who are your size can handle a 200 cc implant quite well.  Looking at the implant outside of the body looks very different than how it looks when placed in the body.  I would recommend that you consider a sub muscular implant, which is often the best option for women who are thin. Please see  a board certified plastic surgeon who offers 3D imaging.  In that you could see quite closely how the 200cc implants would look on your body.  Your doctor would also be able to address any other concerns that you have to help you meet your goals and achieve a natural looking result.  Good luck to you.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Achieving a natural look

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Size of breast implant

+1

Given your description and wishes, a small implant may be the right one for you.  The most important determination for the correct implant size is the width of of your breast.  Choosing one that fits your breast perfectly would be the ideal one for you.  Although there are a few smaller sized implants available, an evaluation and examination by a plastic surgeon of your breast characteristics, breast width, and skin/soft tissue laxity are very important in picking the right implant to meet your desires.  Photographs of what you envision for yourself may be helpful during your consultation.  Good luck!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD