What Would Be the Most Natural Looking Way for Me to Add One Cup Size?

I am 5'2" and weigh about 110 lbs. Recently I lost some weight and I dropped to a 34 B. I would love to go up one cup size and I want it to look natural and fit my frame.

What Is The Most Natural Way For Me To Go From A 34B to a 34C Breast Size?

+1

The easy, but not necessarily correct, answer would be a 200 cc silicone implant in the sub pectoral space.  

There are so many variables that need to be taken into consideration, but I think most plastic surgeons would agree that going into the sub pectoral space gives a more natural look, and since potentially the implant will not sit perfectly behind your breast tissue, the pectoralis muscle will mute the edges, therefore giving a more natural appearance.

When considering cup size in someone 5'2" tall wearing a 34 bra, 200 ccs is an approximately correct number for one cup.  The positioning of the implant needs to be absolutely correct, and therefore the base diameter of your breast needs to match almost perfectly to the base diameter of the implant.  Putting the implant partially sub pectoral allows the pocket in the supra pectoral lower portion of the pocket to determine the width of the final pocket since the pectoralis muscle is only connected to the clavicle sternum and humerus once it is detached from the 5th rib.  

All that anatomical mumbo jumbo means is that your plastic surgeon needs to be very very good at implant placement.  I personally use exclusively high profile implants.  However, in the surgical situation you proposed, I believe a moderate breast implant with the correct base diameter would give the most natural appearance.  I am opposed to mid range or moderate plus implants from both American companies since they increase the chance of traction rippling.  

The cup size loss that you referred to may have caused droopiness (ptosis) or just a deflated look.  One cup size increase in the partial sub pectoral space may not be sufficient to fill up the excess skin from weight loss, therefore you and your Board Certified plastic surgeon need to determine if you should get a breast lift or a larger implant to compensate for this potential problem with excess skin.

Here is where all your RealSelf expert plastic surgeons will recommend you see a Board Certified plastic surgeon, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  You need to check credentials, where the surgery is being done, websites, before and after pictures, etc. etc.  A thorough consultation with one or more plastic surgeons should help you in this decision making process.  

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Increasing breast size by one cup

+1

You need a plastic surgeon who understands how to fit implants properly as well as position them properly (and fill them properly if saline). Your role is then to help get them healed there. Unless your breasts are unusually wide or narrow for your chest, a low profile saline-filled breast implant (Allergan) fitted to the width of your breast and properly positioned should give the appearance of a one cup size increase. In silicone gel-filled implants this would be the lowest profile of either Mentor or Allergan. Start from fitting the implant and the lowest profile implant rather than the number of cc's and working backwards. Again, the key to a natural looking one cup size increase is to fit the implant properly to the width of your breast, use the lowest profile, and get it positioned correctly and healed in that position. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

One Cup Size Increase By Breast Augmentation

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss.

Usually a one size cup increase requires a breast implant of about 200cc and natural looks are best obtained with silicone implant in a submuscular pocket. That being said, looking at patients' pictures (before and after) and trying different sizes during your consultations.

However, without physical examination and photos it is hard to provide you with a solid answer.

I encourage you to seek consultation with a board certified surgeon of ample experience who will guide you and help you make a well informed decision.

After all, every patient is different and unique. So the consultation is essential to provide you with the best procedure that will help you realize your goal.

Best of wishes to you and thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Increase breasts by one cup size

+1

It sounds like you want a breast augmentation to fill out your  breasts.  The best thing to do is to go for a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Breast augmentation

+1

Going up only one cup size should still give you a natural look.  The bigger you go the more fake it will look and feel no matter what.  You need to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an examination and measurements.  Be sure to express your wishes and look at some pictures with your surgeon to make sure you are in agreement as to the size that you want.  Just saying a B or C can mean different things to different people as even bra manufacturers can not agree.

Gary Hall,MD

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Petite frame woman with 34B breasts wants one cup size enlargement.

+1

Height, weight, and present bra size are helpful in making the decision about what implants to choose, but personal examination and careful measurements by an ABPS-certified plastic surgeon are even more important. Bra sizes are so variable by different manufacturers that starting at a 34B (which bra? what manufacturer?) and trying to end up at another bra size one cup size larger depends on lots of additional factors.

In general, I tell patients that adding about 250cc will be necessary to go up one cup size. This may be slightly less for very small breasts on a quite petite woman, and may be more for an extremely tall, wide-chested woman with larger breasts. But 250cc is a good starting point.

Then we have the amount of loose skin that the implants will be "filling;" if your weight loss has caused significant sagging or deflation of your breasts, going up one cup size may only emphasize a "rock in the sock" appearance. A breast lift may be necessary if you only want a modest volume enlargement, or you may be advised to consider somewhat larger implants to better "fill" your skin brassiere. Some women are willing to consider larger implants if that will avoid the cost and scars of a full breast lift.

Also, here is where the ethics of an experienced ABPS-certified plastic surgeon come into play, since a woman confronted with these choices can often be "steered" towards one of several "modified lifts" that promise the same results, but less scarring, than a "standard" or "traditional" or (add derisive tone here) "old-fashioned" full Wise-pattern or anchor lift. Some of these "lifts" really add almost no lift, but all of them add scars and cost.

HINT: There is a reason the vast majority of plastic surgeons experienced in breast lifting surgery utilize many different breast lifting techniques--one does NOT fit all! The majority of women with sufficient loose breast skin (or downward-pointing nipples) to consider breast lift surgery are best served by correction of the skin laxity in more than one dimension, which may require a full Wise pattern (anchor-shaped) breast lift. It seems that these days there are increasing numbers of surgeons trying to utilize one technique for all patients (like the vertical or lollipop lift), creating bad results that other plastic surgeons have to correct. For one such example that I had to deal with, click on the web reference link below.

I know, you only wanted to figure out what breast implants to ask your surgeon for, but we aren't even discussing implant profile yet, saline or silicone, teardrop or round, and smooth versus textured!

You can do lots of research on your own, but any amount of self-study will not replace one or more consultations with ABPS-certified experienced breast surgeons who have done this operation for many years on many thousands of patients. Take the time to do this now, and then you can be well-informed and address your choices with expert advice that will aid your input and better achieve your goals! Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon