Can an under the muscle silicone implant natural move to over the muscle immediately after surgery? (photo)

post op appointment lady there had told me to push my left breast down, acting weird .PS checked stitches and I left. noticed that my implants look completely different from each other. one side is higher & shape &feel .It feels they are 2 different sizes!! PS said seems that 1 implant is over the muscle the other is under muscle!!supposed to have implants under muscle.Can this happen naturally?!? I don't know if he screwed up, 2 different sizes, or what

BBA

+1
It is possible, especially if a Dual Plane 2 or 3 technique was used.  Your posted photo, however, is not helpful.  You need to post a straight on photo of your uncovered breasts for us to be able to offer any useful advice.

Shifting breast implants

+1

It's hard to say one way or another, but return to your plastic surgeon to see what needs to be done.  Time and massage can help the breasts achieve a more symmetrical, natural look.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Can an under the muscle silicone implant natural move to over the muscle immediately after surgery?

+1

In a exercise bra posted photo does not allow us to tell if your issues are real.. And never say never in medicine to your question of placement changes, anything is possible. But to see an implant move from sub muscular plane to above muscle very unlikely. 

Breast Augmentation Asymmetry

+1
Thanks for the picture.  You do have more upper pole fullness in one breast.  The PS placed the implants and should know that he/she placed the implants beneath or above the muscle as well as the size of implants placed.   Implants do not change positions once placed.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast Enhancement

+1
Swelling is always asymmetric, unless there was a reason I would not know why one implant would be above and one would be under the muscle

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Breast Augmentation

+1

It is very common for breast augmentation to have swelling and look off balance following the surgery.  Contact your plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns, it would be highly unlikely to have one implant above the muscle and the other below this seems very odd to me.

Happy New Year and Good Luck

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry After Breast Augmentation

+1
Breast asymmetry is common with or without surgery as no two breasts are exactly alike.

Breast asymmetry can occur with both implants below the pectoralis muscle or above the muscle.

It is highly unusual to have one implant above the muscle and one implant below the muscle UNLESS there are extenuating circumstances. For example, there are patients don't have a pectoralis muscle on one side. 

Consult your plastic surgeon, trust the advice, and be patient.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

+1

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast surgery but it is not possible for online consultants to figure out exactly what is causing the breast asymmetry that you are referring to. Your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to do so. I would suggest that you discuss your concerns in a calm and constructive fashion with him.

To answer your question, it would be an extremely unusual occurrence for breast implants to move from the sub muscular to the sub glandular position;  there are many more common causes of breast asymmetry after breast augmentation surgery.

Hopefully, your breast symmetry will improve with time.

Happy New Year!