Over or Under the Muscle With 800cc Implants?

Should I get my 800 cc mod+ implants over or under?? I have 500 cc mod+ now but, don't want too much dropping or sagging. I previously had 650 cc hp so I know my pocket will hold it. I'm planning on getting a full lollipop lift with my revision. I wasn't sure if a new pocket would help with perky ness or not. Also I was considering the internal bra if I go with unders. Any suggestions would be great!! Thanks!

+2

We seem to get this type of question fairly often on this website so I know women are trying to correct sagging tissues with larger implants. Unfortunately it doesnt work. The more the weight, the more the sag. It's pourely gravity. The support system in the breast (no, the muscle does NOT hold things up)  is not made to support heavy weight. If you want that size, by all means get it, it does not matter whether over or under the muscle as far as support goes, but expect continued droop over the years.

The right placement for an 800 cc breast implant

+2

If you currently have an implant in place that is 500cc it might be difficult to place an even larger implant in a new submuscular pocket and repair the old capsule in such a way as to keep the implant under the muscle. Staying with the smaller implant would be a safer bet, as the 800 might not stay put.

Breast Implant Positioning (800 cc Implants)?

+2

Unfortunately, it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination.  You may want to include pictures  for additional input.

Generally speaking, it would be in your best interests to have breast implants placed in the sub muscular (or dual plane)  position.  Whether an “internal bra" ( capsulorapphy)  will be helpful will depend on the position of the breast implants at this time and the goals you are trying to achieve.

As you probably know, breast lifting done at the same time as the breast implant exchange does significantly complicate the procedure. Please make sure you're working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate significant experience with this type of surgery.

Breast Implants Sagging

+1

This question is fairly common in women who have had large implants. Unfortunately, the pure weight of the implants cannot be supported with breast tissue alone, eventually the implants sag. The bigger the implant, the bigger the sag. It is a misconception that larger implants will "lift" the sagging breast. So at that size, if you want to go bigger, do it, with the full knowledge that they will probably sag some more. Otherwise, go with a smaller size. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Daniel Kaufman, MD