Is This the Moderate Enhancement Usually Expected with 1 Cc of Restylane for Lips That Were Already Somewhat Full? (photo)

Hello, I had my lips injected for the first time last Friday and on Monday, when the swelling went down, this was the result. I don't notice much of a difference. I had most of the syringe injected into my top lip and asked for only a small amount to be injected into my bottom lip. I know that 1 cc looks different depending on the original size of a person's lips so I was wondering if this looks correct for the size of my lips? The top photo is the before and the bottom is the after. Thank you!

Is This the Moderate Enhancement Usually Expected with 1 Cc of Restylane for Lips That Were Already Somewhat Full?

+1

You can see your medical provider and add more filler to the lips if you want to create a fuller look

Lip injection

+1

You have nice lips to start with so injection should  give you an enhanced nice look. I would have expected a little more from a full syringe (1cc). There is nothing wrong with going back and getting some more filler.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip enhancement

+1

Your lip augmentation looks very natural. If you want more then you can add morr filler to give it a fuller look.

Lip enhancement using HA filler is effective

+1

You appear to have a nice enhancement of the upper and lower lip with filler. I certainly would not recommend using any additional filler - a little goes a 'long way' in the lips.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Lip treatments w/ Restylane, how much improvement to expect?

+1

There is not as much enhancement as I would expect based on your description of almost  one syringe being used in the top lip.

In any case, I usually recommend evaluating a filler 2 weeks after injection to make sure all the swelling is gone before passing judgement.  I would recommend you make an appointment with your injector (if you don't have one already) to discuss your results.  

The lip enhancement photo on my profile is 2 weeks after one syringe of Juvederm XC, spread out over both lips.

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Properly placed, Iml of Restylane should have transformed your lips.

+1

I would love to see a full face picture to try to understand were the product was placed.  You have a nice improvement in the vermillion edge of the central upper lip.  The lips still need help in the corners.  You don't have a parrot beak but see how the lower lip disappears on the left as it heads into the corner.  With 1 ml, there was plenty of material to work with.  You also look like you have a limp under the corner of the lip on the left side.  Bottom line, you are entitled to expect more from a full ml of Restylane.