What is the Miracle Facelift?

I heard about the Miracle Facelift on TV and was wondering how it is non surgical? What types of fillers are used to achieve the refreshed and youthful look? Thank you for your input.

Nonsurgical Facelift

+3

You have asked a very interesting question and received amazing feedback.  One of the great values of RealSelf is that it allows experts to dispel unfounded therapies popularized in the media, television advertisements and word-of-mouth. 

I had not heard of the “miracle lift” before this post, a quick internet search suggested it was a non-surgical, herbal, anti-aging serum.  I don’t think I need to anything to the expert opinions already made about this product and marketing strategy. 

The one thing that I would suggest is that the most important tool at your disposal is your intuition.  If something seems too good to be true, it probably is. 

Hope this helps.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Miracle facelift

+2

I see other doctors have already told you the truth. I can add only one thing. I probably am the only doctor on this board who had a facelift. I made a good decision. You should too.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Do you believe in Miracles?

+2

I do, but not this one.  I have seen those who advertise fillers as a replacement for a facelift.  The reality is that non-surgical facelifts is something done by non-surgeons.  I recommend you see a surgeon, one who does both fillers and surgery.  Discuss the effects of the surgery vs. filler.  The goal of the consult is to articulate your goals for facial rejuvenation.  Then, come up with a plan that will address those goals.  That may include fillers, surgery, neither or both.  Some of the effects of aging are sagging, drooping and deflation.  When I say deflation, I specifically mean loss of volume.  The fillers address deflation but not sagging and drooping. 

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Miracle facelift ?

+2

It only works for you if you believe in "miracles". It is an obvious marketing term. Non surgical implies that a person can have volume restoration to the face with volumizing agents (Sculptra), fillers like Juvederm, Radiesse, Restylane, Perlane just to name the most popular ones. Skin issues can be addressed with peels, non ablative lasers and/or creams. If you have a lot of skin looseness, muscle laxity, fat under the chin, etc. no miracle can fix that, but good surgery can turn the clock back. If you embark on the Miracle facelift, before you are finished, you'll realize that you spent more money than on a facelift done by a board certified plastic surgeon. The miracle will go away much sooner than a well done facelift.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Miracle facelift

+1
There are no miracles in plastic surgery. You are best off selecting a quality, experienced surgeon than seeking out new procedures with catchy names.  They usually are long on promises, but short on results.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Miracle Facelift

+1

You can achieve very good results with a facelift, but a cheap mixture of something will probably not achieve the results you desire.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Miracle Facelift-If it sounds too good to be true it is

+1

Be careful paying attention to advertisements. A facelift is a surgical procedure. Only surgery will truly tighten and lift your facial skin.

You certainly can rejuvenate your face with filler and fat injections. These techniques work by adding volume to the face to replace fat lost by aging. They work well in the cheek, eyes, temple, and mouth area. This technique is often called the Liquid Facelift.

However correcting jowls, sagging neck, neck bands or chords, at least as of today requires a surgical facelift and Necklift

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

The Miracle Facelift

+1

The "miracle facelift" is the procedure that makes you look about 15 years younger, let's you go back to work the next day, out to dinner that night, lasts until the day you die ...... all for about $1000. Then you pray you don't wake up from the dream.

Sorry - I couldn't resist!!

There are always a lot of "new" names and gimmicks out there. Be careful. Get a consultation from a well respected surgeon before you go waisting a lot of money. The consultations are usually free. that's a deal.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Miracle lift and other TV ads for cosmetic services

+1

As stated by others one of many marketing gimmicks, re-inventing the wheel, or trying to sell you hope in a jar.

Sam Naficy, MD

It's a Miracle!

+1

I hadn't heard of it, either.  If I call my standard facelift the K-lift, will that make the news?  Honestly, there is so much hype out there.  My secretary tells me that it refers to some herbal product (which is not FDA approved), not a surgical procedure.  Has it been proven effective?  Absolutely not.  Is it a miracle?  Absolutely not.  Buyer beware!

Robert L. Kraft, MD