What is the Minimum Age for a Facelift? Do You Need to Be a Certain Age?

Am I too young for a facelift at 40 years old? I was unsure about the certain or minimum age. Thank you.

Minimum age for Facelift

+1
There is no minimum age for a facelift - when the right time is depends on the amount of loose skin you have and how much it bothers you. There are certainly people in their late 30s who have facelifts. Regards Dr Charles Cope
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

40 years old and Facelift

+1

Facelift is reasonable for some individuals at 40, but an examination will be necessary to determine this.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Face-and-Neck-Lift.php

Sagging Skin Not Age is Criteria for facelift

+1

Facial Rejeuvenation is appropriate for most ages who experience sagging of  their facial skin which may come an earlier time for some especially with familial aging traits or loose skin from excessive weight loss.

Facelift candidates are those who feel the appearance of their aging face may interfere with self image and happiness. Aging is unavoidable; unfortunately the outward signs usually appear while you still feel young and have productive years ahead.  The outward manifestations of aging need not be accepted as a matter of course.  Facial rejuvenating procedures are highly rewarding and satisfying procedures for appropriate patients. Skin prematurely ages from a number of factors such living in a hot dry climate, excessive sun exposure especially in your youth, smoking, or fair skin color.

Intended Result
Face lift or Rhytidectomy is an operative procedure designed to remove the major folds, wrinkles, and sagging areas from redundant skin on the face and neck, which naturally occur with aging.  It is frequently done in conjunction with a similar procedure for the eyelids called blepharoplasty, or cheeks (cheek lift or “midface lift”)  since the aging process is usually present in this region as well.  A forehead lift or brow lift may be recommended to elevate the eyebrows and remove deep creases.  If one part of your face is aging faster than another, a procedure can be customized to target that region, such as a “mini-face lift”, or neck lift.  In conjunction with surgery, hollowed areas can be filled in with fat injections (lipoinjection or fat transfer) or injecting fillers such as Sculptra, Radiesse, Jeuvederm or Restylane

Minimum age for facelift

+1

The desire and need for a facelift depends on the anatomical changes that respond to facelift. Some people can be 40 and be jowly and tired looking and would benefit from a facelift..I have done a facelift on a 22 year old who lost 175 pounds.

Age for a Face Lift

+1

If you are showing signs of aging and are interested in rejuvenating, I recommend seeing a certified cosmetic surgeon. A facelift for most cosmetic surgeons is a surgical procedure to address loose skin and deeper tissue which results in descent of the cheeks, loss of definition of the jawline and loose skin under the chin. A facelift does not include eyelid surgery or an eyebrow or forehead lift.

In my cosmetic surgery guide "The Fine Art of Looking Younger", I address facial aging as 2 processes: dissent and volume loss. Dissent is when part of the face or body begin to droop downward, such as the skin, cheeks, and eyes. Volume loss is when the features lose their fullness, such as hollowing in the cheek area.

After a proper consultation at my practice in Manhattan and Garden City, NY, I educate my patients about the facial aging process and work with them on deciding the ideal time to do a facelift.

Web reference: http://prasadcosmeticsurgery.com/prasad-face-eyes/facelifts/quick_recovery_facelift/

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

+1

I have been performing Face Lifts for well over 25 years and no, at 40 years old you are not too young in age but I have no way of knowing how aged, your particular face appears.  Face Lifts, especially the minimal incision variants have the ability to tighten the jowls and shape the cheeks when combined with fillers or cheek implants for facial contouring and shaping.  The beauty is these minimally invasive Face Lifts can be done in 90 minutes or less and have recovery times measured in hours, not days.  

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Is 40 too young for a face lift

+1

Forty is an ideal age for a face lift.

Research shows that having your face lift before you turn 50 gives you the best, longest lasting result with the least need for further surgery. 

Why? Younger tissues are stronger. Once the changes are corrected, they stay fixed in place.

What changes to look for to have a face lift?

Early jowls, loosening neck, flattening cheeks.

Enjoy your results and best wishes!

Too young for facelift at 40?

+1

There's no one set age at which it's too young (or old for that matter) to have a facelift. The best way to improve your facial appearance depends on your specific concerns and anatomy/skin type.

At 40 years old you may not need a formal facelift, but this really depends on your specific situation. In some cases volume enhancement may be all that is needed. Discussing your desires with a facial plastic surgeon would be the best way to find out what your options are.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/progallery/facelift

Face lift and age

+1

Face lifts are no longer age related. Therefore there is no age limitations. If a young person has lost significant amount of weight that person may have lax and saggy skin and become a good candidate for face lift operation. There are, also different types of face lift operations with liposelecton and skin tightening without leaving any scar or minni face lift with shorter scars . I hav done many face lifts in pations younger than you with very natural looks and satisfactory results.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

The Age for Facelift Surgery

+1

Age is not a major factor in determining the best candidate for a facelift.  The presence of sagging jowls and/or loose skin of the neck and  good general medical health are key factors in determining who is the best candidate.

Dr. ES