What is the Best Way to Minimize Divits and Rippling After an Exchange from TE's to 550cc Allergan Silicone Implants? (photo)

I had a PBM in November and did my exchange on Feb 1 to 550cc Allergan Silicone implants with flex HD support. I have a great amount of rippling on left side. PS nurse looked at me and basically said I don't know how he(PS) can fix that and it's to be expected. In other words be happy with it and don't bother us. I see him on Feb 18. I'm very discouraged and a bit axious after talking to his nurse. ANy advice would be greatly appreciated.

Fat Grafting or ADM for Breast Reconstruction

+3

Frequently, the acellular dermal matrix is sewed to the inferior border of the pectoralis major.  Thus, it provides support and prevents bottoming out.  The superior aspect of the breast is usually not provided with acellular dermal matrix cover.  However, ADM can be placed under the muscle at the superior and lateral aspects to improve rippling.  Fat grafting can also be used.  However, this may be more difficult, particularly in very thin mastectomy flaps.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast reconstruction

+2

I think that it is best to discuss the issues you are having with your surgeon and not just with the nurse.  Good luck.

Best Way to Minimize Divits and Rippling After an Exchange from TE's to 550cc Allergan Silicone Implants?

+2

First of all I would insist on seeing the surgeon at your next visit. Not knowing precisely what was done so far, I can't make any specific recommendations. 

Reconstructed breasts rarely look completely like normal breasts, and this result looks quite good. But that doesn't mean there aren't things that can be done to improve the remaining problems.

Discuss with your surgeon possible use of acellular dermal matrix (Strattice or Alloderm), or fat grafting. This will have to await some further healing from your most recent procedure. 

Thank you for question, and attached photos. All the best.