What is the minimally evasive procedure for my chin area. Chin implant, liposuction or neck lift or fat grafting? (photo)

I feel like I have a double chin and lack a jaw line but I am scared of having a masculine jaw with a implant. I am 46 and feel like I am slightly getting jowls . But I do want the best results with less evasive procedure which will last the longest. Would a chin implant help the jaw line as well as the hollows or marionette lines near my jowls. Or do I need a neck lift ?help please.

Pre-jowl augmentation and Submental lifting

+2
In terms of limiting the extent of surgery, just keep in mind that as you start to limit the "invasiveness" of surgery, you may also compromise on your desired results.  Having said this, I would consider a chin implant with extensions that fill out the depressions you have to the side of the chin, along with neck liposuction and tightening of the muscles under the chin.  Fillers are certainly a useful adjunctive measure.  You then might also benefit from outward and/or upward tightening of the neck muscles in the side of the neck, but hopefully this won't be required.  Regarding surgeon credentials, what is important is that the surgeon has extensive experience and can demonstrate that they can perform the required surgery (ie. they can show you before and after photos that are representative of your situation). 

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck and Jawline Rejuvenation

+1

The photos you provided help, but an in-person exam is key to coming up with a strategy that will achieve all your goals. My best input is for you to research board certified plastic surgeons on the web, choose one with years of experience in facial procedures, and arrange a consultation. Make sure you ask all the questions you have, describe your goals in detail and listen carefully to the options. No matter what you decide about surgery, you should come away from the appointment feeling much better equipped to evaluate your choices.

It seems pretty clear that you would benefit from a neck lift and liposuction. Whether or not a chin implant also makes sense is something your plastic surgeon should be able to help you see in the consultation room. Your marionette lines are a different story. You might opt for a facial filler and see how that works. Or, you might decide that a neck lift and mid facelift is the right combination.

Having more than one option is great news, but it does make it challenging to decide what's best. That's why you need to work with a plastic surgeon you can trust to guide you.

Elliot Jacobs, M.D.

Elliot W. Jacobs, MD

What is the minimally invasive procedure for my chin area. Chin implant, liposuction or neck lift or fat grafting?

+1

I think a chin implant with neck lift will give the most improvement. 

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of chin implants and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Neck lift and chin implant

+1
A neck lift involves removal of fat above and below the platysma muscle and tightening the platysma muscle also known as a platysma-plasty.  This procedure will give more definition to the jawline underneath the chin. When patients have  a recessive chin, a chin implant can be inserted through  the same a sub-mental incision to give added projection to the chin for better facial balance. 

Depending on your examination, you may be a candidate for neck liposuction and chin implant surgery.

+1

You appear to have excess fat in your neck, and your profile reveals a slightly weak chin. Well-performed neck liposuction and chin implant surgery may result in a youthful improvement in the appearance of your neck and jawline. 

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift

+1

I am pretty sure you will have many non-invasive procedures offered to you. But they do not work.

The fat of the neck is in two compartments, under the skin and under the miscel, one needs an examination to determine that and advise on the treatment. The jowls, and the neck correction is a facelift.

Samir Shureih MD.FACS

sshureih@msn.com

Lipoma versus implant versus fat graft

+1

I really think he would benefit from all 3.  If you get all free I would say that it is fairly invasive but not necessarily risky.  It would be invasive in the sense that you're down time would be considerable.  I would say anywhere from 10-21 days.

I'll attach a link to a patient review goes into a lot of detail and provides lots of photographs and videos that I think many patients found very helpful.  Keep in mind this patient really did the works.  Aggressive fat grafting, relatively aggressive laser assisted liposuction of the lower face and neck.  The only difference was she did not have a chin implant although fat was grafted to her chin to improve the appearance here.

Chase Lay, MD

Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon