What's the Most Minimal Breast Enhancement Surgery I Can Do to Enhance Size and Maintain Natural Shape? (photo)

The left breast is smaller than the right and it's less of a tear drop shape which I'd prefer on both. I wouldn't mind increasing the size of both just a hair, accounting for more on the left side to match the right, but I don't want my breasts to look or feel unnatural. I'd like to preserve, as expressed before, a tear-drop shape. How can this be achieved? Are silicone, saline the only options? Which one's better and will last for life w/o complications? How much cost-wise am I looking at?

For a fuller but subtle and natural look consider form stable, high strength anatomic shaped silicone implants

+2

Thank you for your question and the pictures.

For a fuller but subtle and natural look consider form stable, high-strength, anatomic-shaped silicone implants. You will need some slight adjustments of the fold underneath the breasts. One is higher than the other. You will also need slightly different implant sizes.

To be sure, see two or more plastic surgeons in your area or consider an out of town package to a highly-skilled plastic surgeon. Make sure your board-certified plastic surgeon is facile with the placement of this specific type of implant.

Standard saline or silicone implants will work but are much more round and can give a look that is not natural.

Two main options: implants versus fat grafting

+1

You have two options at improving the symmetry in size of your breasts and that included using implants (silicone preferred over saline) or fat grafting.  Silicone implants are a little more expensive than saline implants but are well worth the investment.  Using an implant in both breasts, one smaller than the other, your overall cost including surgeons fee, implant cost, anesthesia, and facility fee would be about 6,000 give or take depending on the surgeon.  This price would be a little less for using only one implant in the smaller breast.  Your other option is to undergo fat grafting to the smaller breast.  This may be accomplished in one treatment but sometime requires two treatments to get it just right.  Price for 2 treatments with fat to the smaller breast would be comparable to a breast augmentation using implants.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/breast-enhancement.cfm

A Shy Enhancement With Natural Looking Breasts

+1

Dear Rachel,

Thank you for sharing your photo.

Usually, the silicone implant under the muscle is the one with the most natural look and feel. That said, you should not exclude the saline implants.

However, without physical examination and knowing more about what you desire to achieve by your surgery, it is hard to give you a more accurate opinion.

It is a fact that your breasts are asymmetric - very common - but using implants of slightly different sizes will help decrease the degree of asymmetry and almost eliminate it.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Implants tend to fill out your natural breast shape. Both saline and silicone gel are highly effective.

+1

When the breasts are asymmetrical, which is common, we tend to use a larger implant on the smaller side.  This helps achieve a more equal volume.  But the breasts will still not look exactly alike.  Often the nipple is a little higher on the smaller side and it will still be higher after the breast augmentation.  The implants we use today are round.  We don't use the teardrop-shaped ones anymore.  The implants fill out your breasts, generally keeping a similar shape, just inflated.  Only saline and silicone gel implants are available and both have complications.  You should not go into surgery thinking that this will be your only breast cosmetic surgery.  But patient satisfaction tends to be very high, provided you have the right expectations and do not expect the breasts to look completely symmetrical (which is unusual in nature). 

Silicone implants cost more.  Both saline and silicone implants feel and look natural when placed below the muscle in the correct pocket position (the difference in feel characteristics is small, a slight advantage for silicone gel).  The price range is $4300-$5300 in my practice, with the higher price for silicone implants.  Be sure to look at plenty of your surgeon's photos before having surgery.  I recommend that you be satisfied with 10 before proceeding (my "rule of 10").  If you like the look in 10 patients your surgeon has treated, you are likely to be happy.

Web reference: http://www.swansoncenter.com/content/ideal-breast/procedures/breast-augmentation/patient-photographs.asp

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Natural shape breast enhancement

+1

Thank you for the question for the photo. Breast implants will you set option to achieve more symmetry and enhancement. You could have either saline or silicone implants. Silicone gives a more natural feel to the breast. As for the the longevity of the implants, none will last for life. In general they will need to be replaced at some point. On average after ten years or longer. This a thing to keep in mind that you may meed more than one surgery. 

As for the cost; it depends on the location and surgeons experience. A good advice for you is not to use cost as the deciding factor for your surgery. It far more important to have a surgeon who is experienced board certified in plastic surgery.

Make sure during your consultation to be clear about shape you want. Look at before and after photos and address all your questions in detail with your plastic surgeon.

Small enhancement

+1

Hi, neither the saline nor the silicone implants would last for life, they both need to be replaced every 10 years and both have a similar complication risk. that said, you might benefit from either saline or silicone implants so please consult with a qualified surgeon and get examined and measured and review a number of before and after pictures to get an idea and learn more about the procedure

Web reference: http://www.hallakplasticsurgery.com/breastaugmentation.html

Implants and asymmetry

+1

Asymmetry of the two breasts can be improved with implants. More natural looking breasts will occur with smaller implants and adequate tissue coverage.

Breast Augmentation

+1

Thank you for your picture, you have nice breast tissue and it is obvious that you’re left breast is bigger then you’re right, that is very normal in all females. You have different options you can get saline so the PS can fill one side more than other to get as symmetrical as possible. You are able to do that with silicone as well. You do not need a lift your areolas are looking straight and not under your breast fold. The cost is different everywhere you go. Saline V's Silicone depends on the patient and what she is looking for. You should do some homework between both implants.

Minimal breast enhancement

+1

Though breast implants are excellent medical devices, none last forever or are without some risk of complication.  Another option for you would be to try fat grafting to one or both breasts.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Maintaining a natural shape with asymmetrical breasta

+1

You could certainly enlarge your breasts with relatively small gel or saline implants

There is another option the --adjustable saline implant.

This implant will help achieving symmetry while allowing you to have input as to the final size by adjusting the volume after surgery

Web reference: http://www.beckermd.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon