What is the Next Best Thing out Now That Best Mimics a Traditional Facelift?

I would not need SMA work. Can be short acting.

Next Best Thing to a Traditional Facelift

+1

The next best thing to a traditional facelift is a mini-facelift.  This is a smaller procedure that can still give very big results in the correct patient.  I also offer Ultherapy which is a totally non-invasive procedure to tighten and lift faces.  It is not as effective or predictable as surgery, but there is no downtime and no healing.  

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Dear xzcv,

Thank you for your question.  There are a lot of 'non-surgical' procedures available today.  Fillers, such as juviderm, etc, can fill lines and contours, laser therapy can improve look of skin, and ulthera can increase the tightness of the deep layers in the face. All of these are temporary, can last 1-2 years or more depending on modality.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Next Best Thing out Now That Best Mimics a Traditional Facelift?

+1

Thank you for your question. CO2 laser resurfacing is a great way to improve the face without the incisions.  LR is not a facelift, the muscles remain unchanged, but the package on the muscles is improved.  I fail to see RF or IF improvements have lasting effects, and can be more expensive than CO2 LR. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Substitution for Traditional Facelift

+1

Depending on your case, you can choose to use fillers like Botox or Juvederm. There are a number of treatments available that also use lasers that improve the texture and quality of your skin. Keep in mind that these options are temporary though, but I would suggest consulting with a facial plastic surgeon and finding what your options are.

Carlo Honrado, MD, FACS

There are many options for facial rejuvenation

+1

There are many options for facial rejuvenation. Some patients do not want a traditional facelift, they can opt for a mini lift.  This is a less extensive procedure for patient who want something that has less downtime, and less cost.  Dermal fillers are also able to smooth contours and create a result very similar to a traditional facelift.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

If you require any type of Facelift technique, you should have the SMAS manipulated.  This allow a more natural lifting of the facial tissues than skin only lifts.  Take a look at a minimal incision Facelift that has a short surgery time and rapid recovery.

New facelift

+1

There are probably to    of new facelift procedures.What is important is that you get what you NEED.A great procedure I do is a Quicklift which ios maybe an hour long,outpatient and you can shampoo your hair the next day.Great procedure.Again in the end it depends on what you NEED and what your desires are.ns

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Is There a Realistic Substitute for a Traditional Facelift?

+1

By traditional, we mean an incision in front of and to a varying extent behind the ear, surgical dissection under the skin and/or SMAS, re-positioning the SMAS by lifting it or holding it up with sutures, then tightening and removing excess skin (The SMAS is the next layer below the skin)

This takes care of the problem of facial aging that makes people want a facelift in the first page, lax and hanging skin. There is no substitute for this in the form of external skin tightening, fat or filler placement, neurotoxins such as Botox, or laser resurfacing.

These other procedures are great for specific problems but not for the kind of aging changes with skin laxity that require a facelift.

If you wish to forego the benefits of a facelift, then the trade-off is persistent loose skin. Aging is a gradual process, so what you want or would need at a younger age is different than what would be needed when you are older. You really need to have an experience plastic surgeon discuss your particular situation in person to advise you on what would work to help you look younger.  If your goal, however, is to look like you have had a  facelift, without actually having the procedure, that is not realistic.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Substitute for a traditional facelift.

+1

Assuming that you need a facelift to address severe laxity and descent of deep structure in addition to severe skin excess, there is no worthwhile substitute to a facelift procedure that dissects tissue at the deep layer performed through an incision commensurate to the amount of excess skin that has to be redraped.  Any non-surgical procedure and less invasive facelift procedures such as the so-called short scar facelfits and MACS procedure will be less than ideal in individuals with moderate to advanced facial aging features.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC, FACS.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lite Lift, MACS and other Modified Facelifts - Next Best Thing to Traditional Facelift

+1

Shorter scar facelifts are the next best thing that gives a long lasting and more natural result oftentimes when compared to a traditional facelift. The MACS procedure or variations of this procedure (e.g. Lite Lift) involves significant SMAS elevation of the neck and cheek tissues. Because the lift is purely vertical, it gives you a natural appearance without the need for major incisions behind the near and into the scalp (about 40% less scarring than a traditional facelift). At first, I told my patients that it would accomplish about half of what a traditional facelift would. I no longer say that and it appears just as good as the traditional facelift with the exception of the lower neck. The results are long lasting and in fact I have done a secondary Lite Lift/MACS in only a few patients after 10 years.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS