Ask a doctor

The Middle of my Helix on my Ear Separated During the Trauma of Removing a Keloid. How Do I Heal It?

Didnt know if i would have to get it sutured or if it would heal back with the unhealed skin underneath it.

Doctor Answers (1)

Ear injury


There are many questions that would need to be answered by you in addition to having a picture of your ear to give you specific advice, but the simple answer would be that you should be seen by a facial plastic or plastic surgeon to have your ear evaluated.  If there is a laceration on the ear, it should be sutured.

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 14 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.