What is the Best Method/technique of Fat Harvesting and Injecting?

1)What is the best method/technique of fat harvesting in which the cells survival is the most? 2)Is the injecting technique/method as important as the fat harvesting part? If yes, tell me about the best injecting technique/method also. Thanks, Best Regards

Best technique for fat grafting

+1

I agree with Dr. Baxter that that proper selection of donor site, gentle harvest techniques, and layered placement are very important.  I would add to that a fourth criteria of 'patient selection' .  Many of the patients who are not satisfied with results of fat grafting were probably not the ideal candiadtes for the procedure.

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/fat_injection.php

Fat Grafting

+1
  • The technical aspects of harvesting and transferring are equally important
  • The best harvesting techniques involve low vacuum so as not to disrupt the fat cellsand  2mm - 3mm cannulas
  • There is no consistent data to prove that adding substances such as platelet rich plasma or growth factors improves the results.  The same can be said for centrifugation, separating fatty layers, stem cells, washing the fat, etc.  To date, the less you do to the fat from aspiration to injection, the better the survival
  • Injection techniques utilize14g to 18g cannulas, injecting thin columns of fat separated by tissue with a good blood supply.  Large blobs of fat don't survive. Therefore, if an area requires significant augmentation and the tissues are thin, several sessions of grafting may be required.

I hope this answers some of your concerns. 

Hartford Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer Techniques

+1

There is  a lot of hype in this market due to the fact that there are a lot of competing systems out there being pitched to doctors. To my knowledge, none have been scientifically proven more successful than the others. The basics apply to any technique: low pressure fat harvest, treat the fat gently, inject with micro-cannulas in a careful, well-dispersed fashion. Ask to see before/after photos, or speak to a patient who has had the procedure to gage your surgeon's success with this procedure.

Web reference: http://sandiegoface.com/fattransfer.asp

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Keys to successful fat grafting

+1

There is still quite a bit of debate about the optimal techniques for fat grafting, but there are a few general guidelines that most plastic surgeons would agree on. First, select a donor site where the fat is resistant to change with diet and exercise, since the fat cells will retain the same characteristics after transfer. Second, low suction pressure for harvesting. Third, injection with multiple layers so each fat particle is surrounded by healthy tissue. Also, small volume injection into areas such as the face are more predictable than larger volumes such as what is needed for breast enlargement. There is no consensus on the use of stem cell enhancement.

Web reference: http://baxterplasticsurgery.com/injectables.htm