My goal is to obtain a natural and anatomically correct look to my legs. I’ve considered fat transfer but perhaps a combination would work best for a natural look? I am 4’11 and 105 lbs, and I have a soft build and not athletic, so I am afraid of seeming too muscular in the lower leg region. I’ve waited a very long time before even researching but my insecurities have gotten the best of me after 27 years, it makes me sad. My weight usually fluctuates between 103-110. I appreciate any help.
What is the Best Method for Correcting Severely Atrophied Calf Muscles and Ankles Due to Club Feet?
Doctor Answers (1)
- Soft solid small tapered calf implants are probably the best approach for your legs.
- Whether you need two implants in each leg, one in each leg or need to start with one because of tissue tightness is determined at surgery.
- Implants by Spectrum and Allied Biomedical are very soft and look natural.
- In the consultation, the surgeon should have a range of shapes and sizes to show you.
- Others can be ordered if in doubt about the right size and shape implant.
- Choosing the right implant(s) is critically important in this operation.
- Do not choose a surgeon who does not have time to help you decide.
- Best wishes.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.