What is the Best Method to Fix Asymmetrical Breast?

I have a D cup and a B cup id like to bring the B cup to match the D cup breast

Correction of breast asymmetry

+2
There is no best method, only choices that fit your needs and the situation as we find it. The basic choices include unilateral reduction, unilateral augmentation, augment/pexy and augment/reduction. Contour, nipple height and areolar size need to be addressed as well. Unfortunately, none of these procedures are covered by insurance. See a board certified plastic surgeon to explore your options. Best of luck!

Correcting Asymmetrical Breasts

+2

Hi,

With asymmetrical breasts, your best bet is to have submuscular implants of different sizes; naturally the smaller implant will be assigned to the large breast and the larger one will be assigned to the smaller breast.

Nonetheless, without photos  and physical examination it is hard to provide you with further recommendations especially if you will need a lift to achieve perky breasts. Usually, patients with a case like yours can benefit from a lift.

I encourage you to consult with a board certified surgeon of extensive experience who can guide you make a well informed decision. It is important to note that your surgery will be of a delicate nature.

I hope this helps and thank you for your inquiry.

Best of wishes to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Correction of breast asymmetry

+2

Thank you the question.  It is difficult to answer your question without photos.  In general, when there is significant asymmetry, there several option to correct it. In your case, you will need an implant in the B cup breast. The question is what  is the shape of the breasts, does the D cup breast needs a lift, is the asymmetry in the areola etc. all theses questions need to addressed before giving you an accurate answer.

my advice for you is to see a board certified plastic surgeon. Look at their before and after photos. Convert clearly what you want to your surgeron. Good luck.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Correcting Uneven Breast

+1

Dear Patient,

Breast Asymmetry is a common condition that affects many women and can be a very sensitive and embarrassing issue for most. First of all, I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon (specifically one who concentrates in breast reconstruction) for an initial consultation and evaluation. It is always a good idea to rule out any unusual breast disorders or masses.

Breast Asymmetry can be addressed in a number of ways. It can be as simple as adding volume by means of a breast implant on the smaller breast to match the volume of the larger breast or vice versa, reducing the larger breast to match the size of the smaller breast.  In some cases asymmetry can be present in the size of the areolas, i.e. the larger breast can have a significantly larger/lower areola, in which case the patient may want to correct that as well. Combination surgeries such as a breast lift/reduction in conjunction with a bilateral breast augmentation can improve the shape and perkiness of the larger breast to provide a more aesthetically pleasing outcome. If this is the case a surgeon would measure the existing breast volume and choose 2 different implants in the appropriate sizes.

I hope this info helps.  Please always remember that the decision to have plastic surgery is a personal choice and a patient must always consider the best option that fits her daily lifestyle.  Be certain that you choose a board certified plastic surgeon that will provide you with more than one option or solution so that you can make an informed and educated decision. 

Best Wishes,

David N. Sayah, MD, FACS

How best to create symmetry to the breasts? The best approach is individualized to each woman

+1

In order to create better symmetry to the breasts if one is a B cup and the other is a D, a number of factors need to be considered:

• Breast volume
  • Breast shape
  • Nipple position
  • Areola diameter
  • Inframammary fold height (the crease beneath the breast)
  • Aesthetic goals of the patient

When all of these things are considered, the best option will create an option that may include augmenting one or both breasts, lifting one or both, or reducing the larger one.

While absolute symmetry may never be completely achieved, the goals of surgery will be to create as close a result to your particular goals as possible. 

A consultation with a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon is imperative to ensure that you receive the best information from a surgeon with a great deal of experience in the procedure you are seeking.

Karen M. Horton, M.D., M.Sc., F.A.C.S., F.R.C.S.C.

Karen M. Horton, MD

Asymmetry Correction

+1

Breast asymmetry is a common issue/complaint of patients seeking breast augmentation although typically not a 2 cup difference.  The basic approach is for the patient to determine which breast size she wants to retain, and adjust the other breast accordingly, i.e. reducing and lifting a larger breast to match the smaller or augmenting a smaller breast to match the larger. 

In your case augmenting the B cup to match the volume of the D cup, would be the general plan.  Photographs would be helpful to determine more specific details to optimize symmetry.

Christopher J. Schaffer, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation will increase the volume of the small breast

+1

Breast asymmetry can be corrected in a number of different ways.  Breast augmentation alone can accomplish this and for you it would increase the volume of the small breast.  What it will not do is reshape and lift the bigger breast nor will it change the shape and position of the areolas.  I suspect, from your description, that you will need a combination of breast lift and breast augmentation to accomplish the very best result.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Asymmetry

+1

A physical exam is needed to make any recommendations.  The volume asymmetry can be corrected with two different implants.  But your PS also needs to assess the breast shape and any sagging.  A lift may be needed as well.  Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

What is the best methode to achieve breast symmetry?

+1

I would like to answer your question as precisely as I can. The best way to correct breast asymmetry is to reduce the larger breast  to match the other breast. This would give you the best and longest lasting results. If however you desire larger D cup breasts, you need an implant to make your smaller breast a D cup size and lift the larger breast to achieve the same shape.
Depending on the shape of your bigger breast, achieving the same shape is not always possible without an implant to increase the upper pole fullness on the larger breast.  This is why one may have to do an augmentation and a reduction which would include a lift on the larger side just to get the shape similar to the other side. 
You also have to remember that the gravity will make the breast with more natural tissue sag over time. That is why I said that reducing the larger breast to the same size as the smaller one is more stable in the long run. Another good way to handle this situation is to reduce the larger breasts to the same size as the smaller breast and later on, once everything is healed,  place implants on both sides so that the proportion of breast tissue to implant is the same on both sides. This will give you the longest  lasting results. You can see photos on my web site under photo gallery breast.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric breasts

+1

If you want to make the smaller breast larger, it sounds like you may want a breast implant on the smaller side. It is always best to go for a consultation to figure this out.