What is the best melas a treatment for Asian skin ?

What is the best treatment for an Asian with melasma, hypersensitive skin, & menopause induced rosacea ?

What is the best melasma treatment for Asian skin?

+2
There are several treatments available to improve melasma in Asian skin. A combination of skin lightners and chemical peels are a good strategy. 

Reston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian patients and Melasma

+2
One of the best treatments for Asian skin, particularly after menopause is Cosmelan.  It is safe and effective and I have had fantastic results.  Cosmelan has a particular medical strength peel that is  fabulous for your condition. Please find a dermatologist with a great deal of experience with these peels and Asian skin for the best results.

Michele S. Green, MD

Melarase creams for melasma

+1
In our office. we recommend Melarase creams as the most effective skin protocol for melasma and abnormal skin pigmentation on the face and body. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Melasma

+1
Melasma can worsen with just about anything other than sunscreen and lightening agents. Lytera is a great topical medication that we investigated at our practice and have published on. Our studies showed that Lytera worked to lighten pigmentation as equally as hydroquinone without the irritation that would alter your rosacea. In addition it has niacinamide, which has been found to suppress redness - so it could help you two-fold. If that wasn't enough, I would be evaluated for an IPL which also targets both redness and pigment. Of course the treatment can always worsen melasma temporarily , as anything can, but I have done it on multiple people willing to take the chance, with great success. Good luck!

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon