The Medical Spa Recommends Reapplication of Restylane Within 1 Month of Initial Application to Increase Volume. Is This Safe?

+1

Yes, this is completely safe and a great way to achieve a conservative look. Most patients typically have swelling/bruising after their initial visit and once the product has settle, you're able to see if you need any touchups or more filler added.

Medical spa recommendations for reapplying filler in 1 month

+1

I generally advise reassessing a filler injection after 2-3 weeks to ensure that the results are good, and if need be, more filler can safely be added at that point if warranted. For optimal safety, it is most important to have a highly trained and experienced physician injector such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Additional filler application

+1

Injections done this way can achieve results while managing expectations in a conservative way. Best of luck

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Restylane injectons

+1

It is safe to add more Restylane if needed.  Wait 2 weeks and if you are not happy with your results, return to your doctor for assessment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Restylane injections that are repeated

+1

Dear 129,

1. Yes, this is safe and completely normal
  2. After the swelling goes down, sometimes a little extra Restylane is needed

Best regards,

Nima Shemireni

Nima Shemirani, MD

Restylane after one month

+1

Yes it is safe. You can have Restylane injected after one month your results will be natural, and you will be able to see which other areas you will like to have filled.

Jhonny Salomon, MD

+1

This is safe. In many cases, this will result in the most natural result. As filler is being injected there is also associated swelling taking place. Separating the treatment for larger volumes can result in more precise filler placement and a more natural look for the result. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Adding Restylane in one month

+1

Yes, It is perfectly safe and sometimes preferable to do this. You get a chance to see whether you want to do something a little more or different or you might even be happy with what you have and choose not to go back for more. I really respect a doctor that does this and does not try to push you to do everything at once. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Can I get more Restylane one month later to increase volume?

+1

Yes, this is safe. It's actually referred to as stacking fillers. Putting double the amount in at the beginning can lead to additional swelling, so if you put 1 syringe in, and have a patient return 1 month later, the swelling is cut down dramatically, and as a bonus, many times this actually makes both of the fillers last longer than if they were put in at the same time.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

+1

Yes this is safe.  Especially with new patients that are nervous about getting too much filler, a lot of times I will recommend starting with only 1 syringe and do more after a couple of weeks if they want.

Rigo Mendoza, MD