What is the Maximum of Ccs That Can Be Suctioned from Smart Lipo? Is It a Weight/bmi Ratio, Perhaps? (photo)

Female. Early 20s. 5feet tall. 125 lbs. Areas of concern: Outer & inner thighs. (Hips 40in, thighs at largest area 23.5) Smart Lipo: Suctioning: 75ccs in inner thighs & 100ccs in outer thigs. 1 week post-op, some bruising, BUT I see NO difference whatsoever. Doctor, who is board certified, said it's still swollen & it'll keep improving. Is it possible that he didn't suction enough out? Is there a max perhaps? Should I redo procedure in 3 months? P.S. Lost 5lbs in recovery week dieting.

Maximum cc suctioned from SmartLipo

+2

There is no maximum number of cc.  The idea is to remove enough fat  so that there is a smooth contour with the surrounding areas that are not treated.  Usually with Smart Lipo you can see improvement right away.  I would recommend waiting at least a month in case you have more swelling than the average patient.  If you see no change at that time, then you should discuss it with doctor.

Maximum cc suctioned from SmartLipo

+2

Based on you pictures, you probably have postoperative swelling. You should wait at least 3 - 6 months before considering a revision. I hope you surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon. Make sure to follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Stanley Okoro, MD

Liposuction and volume

+2

Without an evaluation, it is hard to say how much should have or could have been removed.  This will vary for each individual based upon their anatomy.

Maximum cc's that can be liposuctioned

+2

A lot of this depends on the size you are to begin with.  I find it is very rare to do more than 4000 cc total as the complication rate goes up after that volume.  Remember "It's not how much you take, it's what you leave in that determines the result."  You are still swollen and I allow a good 3 months before taking post op pictures. Good luck.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

+2

Still very early from the operation. But in my hands using Smart lipo + lipo most see immediate results. Wait for a month to see if you gain improvement.