Is It the Same Massage for Anatomic and Round Implants?

Hi Drs. I had my cirgury almost 3 weeks ago, subglandular 375cc, I was a AA cup and my new size looks good. But My doctor told me to start massaging only putting my hand on my breast, making pressure and circles at the same time. They feel so hard and it still hurts so Im afraid to do it, also I saw some massages on the internet and they look very different. Is it maybe because of the type of the implant? and if I don't do it is there any risk of capsular contracture? Thank You!

Massage of all implants except anatomic implants

+1

Most implants can be massaged. The exception os usually anatomic implants. The reason is that the pocket is created to fit the implant perfectly. If the pocket gets too big then the implant can rotate, defeating the purpose of having an anatomic implant in the first place.

Massage for implants

+1

Some surgeons do not recommend massage at all. Anatomics are textured implants and in general no one recommeds massage for them.

Massage for Anatomic and Round Implants

+1

The massage technique will not be different based upon the implants uses. However each surgeon may suggest a differing technique. Usually that means that no technique is superior. 

However, doing the massage, most of us feel, is important in keeping the implants soft. DO the massage to the limits of your discomfort. If you are still having trouble with this after a week, call your surgeon for further instructions.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.