Should the Massage After Cool Sculpting Go from the Middle out to the Lymphatic Nodes (And Where Are Those on the Stomach?

How should the "after Cool Sculpting massage" be performed?

Lymphatic drainage after CoolSculpting

+1
CoolSculpting does depend on the lymphatic system to eliminate fat cells that have been destroyed from the treatment.  The massage immediately following the applicator removal is a very important part of getting great results but it is not necessary to massage towards the lymph nodes.  My practice in Raleigh, NC administers two techniques of manual massage and one mechanical massage as soon as the applicator is removed following treatment. 
Vibrational therapy in the weeks following CoolSculpting can assist  lymphatic drainage.  The vibrating plate increases lymphatic circulation to encourage the process of clearing the dead fat cells out of the body.  My patients receive this treatment as well as a compression garment and dual treatment system as part of our CoolSculpting Complete package. 

My practice is able to offer CoolSculpting Complete for half the price, as we have Instant Rebates due to our status as the top provider of CoolSculpting in our area.  Our patients can buy one area and get another area free.  This is helpful for patients who need multiple treatments or just one (buy one love handle, get the other free.)

You can find the most experienced provider in your own area on the CoolSculpting website.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Massage after CoolSculpting

+1

The results of CoolSculpting can be improved with massage immediately after the applicator is removed. The technique of the massage is not that important, as long as the area is massaged in some manner. The massage after CoolSculpting is not a lymphatic drainage massage, so that is why it does not need to be done in any particular direction.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Massage is important after coolsculpting

+1
It is important to do massage after coolsculpting for approximately 10 minutes in duration. Deep massage is best but the path from middle to outer is not important.  What is important is that the massage is done after treatment.  We have wonderful results with Zeltiq.  Let me know how your treatment turns out!

Michele S. Green, MD

Massage after coolsculpting

+1

Immediately after the coolsculpting procedure the treated tissue is massaged by the technician for about 3-5 minutes and the frozen tissue is rapidly rewarmed.   There is no standard method to this massage and it is not something the patient needs to do themselves. 

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon