Why Do the Majority of Breast Reductions/lifts Look Unnatural?

I have large sagging breasts, and have thought about getting a breast reduction or a lift but I have yet to see any pictures of breast lifts or reductions that look completely natural. This is stopping me from pursuing any operation The breasts are never perky, and NEVER round; most of the time the breasts have a square shape around the bottom When I have viewed women that have gotten breast lifts WITH breast implants I see the opposite: Perfectly round breasts, that are completely symmetrical

+1

If you have some superior pole fullness before the breast reduction, the breasts will have more superior pole fullness.   The skin envelope can be tightened by the right surgeon to give the roundest look possible for that set of breasts.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts and breast reductions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-reduction-photo-galleries.php

After Surgery Appearance of Breast Reductions and Lifts

+1

What you have observed is how most braest reductions and many non-implanted breast lifts look early in the healing process. As the breast settles the bottom usually rounds out and the squareness effect goes away. A breast lift without an implant in most cases will not end up with a full upper pole, that is why some lifts also have an implant placed so the upper pole maintains fullness long-term.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Breast reduction

+1

I am not sure what unnatural means, after breast reduction, or breast mastopexy. My patients after reduction are pleased with the weight relief,and do not  have that square look. Mastopexy patients with tightening of the skin envelope can look somewhat unnatural initiately, almost like a torpedo. However that changes with time and gravity, where the breast develops a natural slope in the upper pole. Implants help maintain upper pole fullness, which is unatural.

Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift apperance

+1

Perhaps you have not looked hard enough at photos and sites. The breasts can look natural it really depends upon what you think natural looks. If you want a round appearance and a lot of superior fullness then you will need an implant.

Many surgical techniques available to give the breasts a perky youthful appearance

+1

The problem with the standard breast reduction or breast lift is that they rely on the skin to hold up the result. This can lead to long term bottoming out and possibly the appearance you are trying to avoid.  There are other methods available that use your own tissue to rebuild the breast giving lower pole support and upper pole fullness.  This is termed an mastopexy with a dermal pedicle autoaugmentation.  Some refer to this as an internal bra.  The basic concept is to use the breast tissue to support the result and not the skin. 

Unnatural breast shape after reduction/lift

+1
I'd have to say that breasts aren't round by their own nature. Augmentation may produce this result and it is precisely what other women find unnatural! Complete symmetry is also an anomaly. Most women who suffer from symptomatic macromastia on a daily basis are willing to exchange what you consider a square shape in the lower pole for pain relief and the ability to live their daily lives with more freedom. The lack of "perkiness" in the upper pole would be consistent with the sagging involved in macromastia but the breasts aren't flat. Breast reduction has one of the highest patient satisfaction rates around. There are variations on the breast lift and it may be advisable for you to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation who can show you his work and explain which procedure is most applicable to you.

Final breast shape after reduction is multifactorial.

+1

Younger patients with good connective tissue generally get very youthful looking breasts.. In older patients when the connective tissue is compromised the results will not look youthful. It is also dependent upon the technique chosen.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,16-atlanta-breast-reshaping.htm