Will the Lumps Bumps and Tightness Go Away?

I'm one month out from a facelift w/ neck lift. I see a small improvement in my chin (from before surgery) but not back closer to my neck. It still looks like my jaw and neck are one (no definition). Not to mention the lumps and bumps in the jaw. I feel very tight from my ears to my jaw bone, but not across my jaw/chin. Please let me know what I can expect?

Will the Lumps Bumps and Tightness Go Away After a Facelift and Necklift?

+1
Dear D,
Thanks for your question. At one month after facial rejuvenation surgery it is not uncommon to see persistent swelling - especially if you had a lot of fatty tissue removed from your neck. You need to return to your surgeon to see if you have a collection of old blood (hematoma) or fluid (seroma) that might be causing this. Usually this swelling and tightness will resolve in time but there may be some therapies such as massage, ultrasound or steroid injections that might speed up the resolution. I hope this helps. Best wishes.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Lumps, Bumps and Tightness after Facial Surgery

+1

This question is best discussed with your surgeon. In my practice, our patients routinely see significant improvement after the bandage is removed the next day as well as at 1 week after face and neck lift surgery. If you have fluid or blood (such as a seroma), under the skin, this requires attention.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon